Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: $1.90 thrift store score!!  (Read 5573 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
$1.90 thrift store score!!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »

I'm keeping this! Gonna cook on it tomorrow.

I don't blame you! I would too and cook on it as well! Holy sh!t is that a steal! Nice job!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: $1.90 thrift store score!!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 03:07:40 AM »

WTF?!?! Where did you find that?

Found it at that big thrift store in Laurel.

Nice! I was actually going there after that Amish market on Thurs but changed my mind. That will teach me! I know the perfect place to get some great Eastern Shore sweet  corn to fill it up.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:10:22 AM by dwnthehatch »

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 04:50:16 AM »

Nice! I was actually going there after that Amish market on Thurs but changed my mind. That will teach me! I know the perfect place to get some great Eastern Shore sweet  corn to fill it up.

Alright. I'll bite. Me and my son Braden love sweet corn. Where can I get some??
A Wonderful Family!!!

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 05:19:18 AM »
Outstanding find!!! Hey I saw Laurel in your post..... If it's the one in Maryland, I used to live in Savage Md! I even worked in the savage mill when it was first transformed to the boutiques and shops. I was a potter. Made potpourris burners for a shop located at the inner harbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 05:28:24 AM »

Outstanding find!!! Hey I saw Laurel in your post..... If it's the one in Maryland, I used to live in Savage Md! I even worked in the savage mill when it was first transformed to the boutiques and shops. I was a potter. Made potpourris burners for a shop located at the inner harbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool. Yeah it's Laurel, Md. I live in Odenton.
A Wonderful Family!!!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »

Alright. I'll bite. Me and my son Braden love sweet corn. Where can I get some??

There's a farmer stand near Rabbit Hill which is right before Easton. I drove by today and it looks like he is done for the season.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

There's a farmer stand near Rabbit Hill which is right before Easton. I drove by today and it looks like he is done for the season.

DAMN!
A Wonderful Family!!!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
okay, so I know this is completely irrational, but I thought I recognized the tag on Peas' new corn and tater ring, and knew that his thrift store was in the same chain as my favorite thrift store.  And of course it was complete happenstance that Peas found that accessory on that particular day, and there was no logical reason for my thrift store to have the same thing in it, but I still needed to swing by my thrift store yesterday to make the voices in my head quiet down.  Didn't find any Weber stuff in the tool/outdoor area or in the kitchen supplies, but when we stopped in at the book section-- my shameless bribe to get my kids to come along in exchange for 3 $.69 books-- my daughter pulled a Weber cookbook off of the kid's shelf and said, "Hey, Daddy, it's a Weber book!".  Copyright 1996.  Best thing about it is that on page 5, there's a great photo of the same grill that lives on my deck, which used to live on Peas' deck:  a red 1995 Performer.  Pretty cool.

One of the charcoal people.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 07:48:58 PM »
Great score at a killer price!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »

okay, so I know this is completely irrational, but I thought I recognized the tag on Peas' new corn and tater ring, and knew that his thrift store was in the same chain as my favorite thrift store.  And of course it was complete happenstance that Peas found that accessory on that particular day, and there was no logical reason for my thrift store to have the same thing in it, but I still needed to swing by my thrift store yesterday to make the voices in my head quiet down.  Didn't find any Weber stuff in the tool/outdoor area or in the kitchen supplies, but when we stopped in at the book section-- my shameless bribe to get my kids to come along in exchange for 3 $.69 books-- my daughter pulled a Weber cookbook off of the kid's shelf and said, "Hey, Daddy, it's a Weber book!".  Copyright 1996.  Best thing about it is that on page 5, there's a great photo of the same grill that lives on my deck, which used to live on Peas' deck:  a red 1995 Performer.  Pretty cool.

Mike that is pretty cool. Only thing is your performer looks a lot better than the one in the pic.
A Wonderful Family!!!

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 02:53:35 AM »
As Charlie Sheen would say, WINNING!