Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Goose breastes  (Read 1243 times)

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
Goose breastes
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
1. breast out goose (mine were 1.5lb per breast,)
2. soak em' in milk in fridge 24hrs, ( I feel it takes the iron taste completely away)
3. wrap em' in bacon, 275-325 for bout 4hrs or 175 internal, I used whiskey oak barrel chips on the coals...and a water filled drip pan under the meat
4. foil tent em' bout an hour
5. slice em' cross the grain and the wife will think its steak medallions.

For duck breasts, shorten the time and go 150-165 internal at 200-250F

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
Re: Goose breastes
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
DANG...forgot to say fresh ground black pepper, sea-salt and grind some dry garlic before wrappin in bacon.....

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
We're talking about game here, right? Not goose from the freezer section?
kettles, smokers...

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »
Yes...harvested from the skies over a soybean field in beautiful McHenry County.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »
175 internal!?!?!?

are they still tasty cooked that high? I normally goose and duck breast at 140ish

SlickedBack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Found out by accident that Yes, very tasty at that temp...this early in the season the "local" birds as we call em, tend to taste a bit different due to what they have been eating during their mostly year round stay in the area. Not that they eat bad stuff, but the higher temp makes the wifey feel better about eating the big flappy bastards. The "migrators" that come down the flyway late November tend to be a different, more beef taste and have more moisture. Those geese/ducks I will trust to go a bit lower temps with.
Up until I was given an 18.5, and then bought my performer, I was a kill it and cook it over fire type of griller. Just recently I have discovered the majesty and pride that comes with learning to tend to a Weber Kettle the proper way....you know, watching You tube vids and reading every aussie thread I can find!!
Im still hearing Oz accents in my head at night...