Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It was a bad day....  (Read 4659 times)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
It was a bad day....
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
Well now that the leaves have fallen all around it's time I was on my way....hold on ....no, the leaves have started to fall here, and it exposed a 18 brownie behind a hedge....So I have been stalking it for two weeks.  I stopped a week ago but no one was home, and I noticed the house was for sale.  I was thinking maybe they need to get some old stuff out of the yard so the house looks nice and spiffy.  So yesterday I was talking to Stu on the phone, as usual he was on the hunt and twisting my arm to give up my good stuff......anyhow I told Stu I was gonna stop and I pulled up.  I knocked on the door and there was a huge dog barking (great thing for selling a house) anyhow, some ding dong kid finally answered the door. He looked like a reject form the X games....I said I had a weird question, for him, he just stared at me, I said that he had an old grill on the side of the house and I was wondering if he might want to sell it or trade it.  I was thinking this guy could use $30.00 for dope money....anyhow he said it was his dads.  I said do you think he would want to sell it?  He said no, I said can I leave my business card if he reconsiders, he said no, I said can I look at it?  he said no and shut the door in my face.  I got the fucking bums rush right out the door!  Today I drove by, it was gone, he must have moved it....I lose....I wish I could have talked to the Dad...although if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree then it prob wouldn't have mattered....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
Re: It was a bad day....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Sounds like you visited the Heisenberg's at the wrong time.
Uncommon sense seeker

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »
Well now that the leaves have fallen all around it's time I was on my way....hold on ....no, the leaves have started to fall here, and it exposed a 18 brownie behind a hedge....So I have been stalking it for two weeks.  I stopped a week ago but no one was home, and I noticed the house was for sale.  I was thinking maybe they need to get some old stuff out of the yard so the house looks nice and spiffy.  So yesterday I was talking to Stu on the phone, as usual he was on the hunt and twisting my arm to give up my good stuff......anyhow I told Stu I was gonna stop and I pulled up.  I knocked on the door and there was a huge dog barking (great thing for selling a house) anyhow, some ding dong kid finally answered the door. He looked like a reject form the X games....I said I had a weird question, for him, he just stared at me, I said that he had an old grill on the side of the house and I was wondering if he might want to sell it or trade it.  I was thinking this guy could use $30.00 for dope money....anyhow he said it was his dads.  I said do you think he would want to sell it?  He said no, I said can I leave my business card if he reconsiders, he said no, I said can I look at it?  he said no and shut the door in my face.  I got the fucking bums rush right out the door!  Today I drove by, it was gone, he must have moved it....I lose....I wish I could have talked to the Dad...although if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree then it prob wouldn't have mattered....

That sucks.  Do you feel like you are some kind of Jahovah's Witness for BBQ's when you do the "This is a weird question but.."
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
Maybe I used to, not anymore.  I have dealt with so many people on CL I like the interaction you'll never know who your gonna meet...

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
It was a bad day....
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
That sucks Brian! Maybe they will move and leave it where you can grab it.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
I think it's hilarious! Those things have happened to the best of us, but I like Brian's attitude. I feel the same way, so what, what's the worst that can happen? Well, I think what happened was about as bad as it get's. I have a feeling they were losing the house and probably not in the best mood. ???

Cookiebaggs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 06:07:14 PM »
I would imagine all it takes is to score one nice grill on a "cold call" and you get over the weird feeling pretty quick.

Hell,  all they can say is "no"  and you say "thanks" and move on.

Cookiebaggs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Oh, thanks for the handle.  It looks kick ass!  Like the cherry on top of a sundae.   ;D

I'll get some pics of the black MBH with the handle tomorrow.  Firing it up for an Oktoberfest block party we are hosting.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »
Get pictures of your Oktoberfest, I'd love to see that old timer in action once again.....

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
nobody on the Zeppelin reference?  Anyone anyone.....

Cookiebaggs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
Get pictures of your Oktoberfest, I'd love to see that old timer in action once again.....

I will!  Used it once earlier this week.  I have 7 year old little guy that just loves everything off the grill.  He was pumped this last Tuesday to fire up the charcoal.  Almost more than I was.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 07:20:18 PM »
...thanks to this post, I'm much obliged, sorry your brownie didn't have a pleasant stay...
One of the charcoal people.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »
That slacker kid said, "And now the time has come for you to be gone, the autumn moon lights your way..."

And Brian said, "I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way...  I guess I'll just keep ramblin' on..."
One of the charcoal people.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
Thank you.......pun intended

Cookiebaggs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »
I kept looking for "Where's that confounded bridge?"