Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reference to very best Weber restoration threads and restoration info  (Read 2582 times)

Pioneer

• Smokey Joe
Since I've got some fun Weber restoration work coming up, I wanted to ask fellow members to please point me (and others) to the very best threads on this site for restoration tools, materials, parts, and techniques. If a good thread does not exist for a particular restoration topic, then please by all means use this thread to document that info. Some of the specific things I'm looking for are rust removal, dent removal, paint touch up, aluminum polishing, hard to find spare parts sourcing, and anything else useful and common in the restoration of anything Weber.  I'm hoping that this thread will become THE reference thread for this topic and depending on how it turns out possibly be made into a STICKY for this forum. When you post something, please try to include a brief and good description of what the specific restoration information is that you are providing. For links to multi-page restoration threads, if possible please try to provide thread page numbers and descriptions for key pieces of info that might help others not have to search through a multi page thread for a key nugget of info.

If this info already exists in a single place and I may have missed it, then please point me in the right direction and disregard everything I've writted above.

thanks,
Steven
WSM 22.5", 22.5" OTG, 2 SJS, Blue SS Performer, WGA

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:22:39 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Pioneer

• Smokey Joe

Pioneer

• Smokey Joe
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:27:59 PM by Pioneer »

Pioneer

• Smokey Joe

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Reference to very best Weber restoration threads and restoration info
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »
A couple shameless plugs ...

The first is more of a rescue-then-clean-up. I subsequently applied some spar varnish to the handle, as it was in good shape.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-first-true-rescue-and-restore-black-mbh/

This second one was a true rescue and restore. A lot more time, effort, and money went into this.
I ordered parts from ereplacement.com, and I was impressed!  :D I chose the cheapest shipping method (17-25 business days),
and everything arrived much quicker than that. I was very happy with that.  :) :)
It's been seasoned, and I cooked a PT and roasted a sweet red pepper on it last weekend. It was worth all the effort.  8)
EDIT: Can't forget about mentioning Brian's handles. Arrived less than a week after ordering, and they're beautiful!

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/need-help-advice-guidance-with-this-red-18/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:11:37 AM by MacEggs »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: Reference to very best Weber restoration threads and restoration info
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
The Redhead that I will be shipping you has a bunch of spots on the outside (ONLY) that need repainting - I like VHT SP731 Real Red Brake Caliper Paint Can - 11 oz. which you can get from Amazon or auto parts places.  Others will give you more (better) info 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X