Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lasagna Pizza ?!  (Read 2087 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Lasagna Pizza ?!
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
So I have been trying to find a pizza dough recipe that is fast and simple to make, that does not have to sit out for 6 hours and that you don't need to kneed and then let sit for 6 hours or that requires any forethought about making pizza at all right up until you decide that you want pizza. I have had great success using the dough we buy down the street from a local pizza place( Their pizza is crap but the dough makes GOOD pizza when I make it on the grill)....but I wanted to get back to making the pizza from scratch without needing to use someone else's crust. This dough took me 5 minutes to make and has no yeast in it so it did not need to sit and do anything scientific for 3 hours before I had to wrestle with it for 10 minutes. My Wife was making a pizza dough with our bread maker , but it took a long time to make and was a little inconsistent. I found this recipe ( I will post it when I get some time in the morning ) and thought I would give it a shot. My goal was to have a crust that was a blank canvas as far as the taste of the crust, I was more interested in the texture since I fully plan to add seasonings to it . Anyway......I made the dough and put it on my pizza pan and was just going to make pizza crust with no toppings just to test the dough out and my Wife said why not put some sauce and cheese on it. We had some left over cheese in a bag from the last pizza we made and she had some leftover..leftover spaghetti sauce that she had reheated for dinner...I put the meat sauce on it and covered it with cheese so it kind of tasted like lasagna on pizza. The crust came out great, I will tweak it with some spices and herbs but overall I liked the texture and it was dirt simple to make ....and fast. The meat sauce and cheese were good too, very different but good.

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Lasagna Pizza ?!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »

"The crust came out great, I will tweak it with some spices and herbs but overall I liked the texture and it was dirt simple to make ....and fast. "

Thanks for This.....too much else going on to fiddle-fart around with dough just now.....an activity for old age when I can relax & watch the dough rise................. 8)

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Lasagna Pizza ?!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
Nice! I'm looking for a quick recipe. Mine takes overnight if done by the directions( how does that!) but I have pulled it off in 3 hours. Still time consuming.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »
Ok, if anyone is interested in the dough recipe...and even if you are not.... ::) Mix all dry ingredients first then add water and oil.

2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour

2 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon oil

1 cup water

Mix in a bowl and kneed for about 3 or 4 minutes and thats it. As I stated in the first post...this crust was good but maybe a little plain tasting. I was more concerned with the texture and was only concerned that it didn't have a nasty off putting flavor. I did not use the usual toppings I would for pizza....usually have two types of cheese and don't use left over spaghetti sauce , but I would let it go just a bit longer than I did....the crust was not as crunchy on the bottom as I would like but I did pull it off sooner than usual. It was nice and crunchy around the edge so if I had let it brown a little longer I think it would have been perfect. The taste of the crust did not get in the way of the toppings , so that was a plus since that was what I was looking for...so next time I will add spices and herbs to make it less generic. It is very quick and easy to make so there is no reason that this can't be THE crust that I use from here on out...just need to tweak it a bit and it is cheaper than buying the dough from a pizza joint.....which even though good ,makes me at the mercy of that place if I want to make pizza. If I make my own dough , I can make it anywhere ...so I can make MY pizza without having pizza dough in advance or just when I am home.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:27:01 AM by One Touch Platinum »
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »
You should also put this in the recipes section in "other"

Thanks for posting this!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »
And...........I'm drooling... thanks OTP!  :D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 06:31:02 AM »
Thanks OTP, I am going to use that recipe. Could you please post it in the recipe section? This way we can find it easier. That's a great looking pie by the way. I can tell because the top cheese had some leoparding. I also use a Lodge and think they do an excellent job.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:28 AM »
Awesome, looking forward to trying out that recipe!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
Thanks, OTP!! Going to try it soon!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
OTP, I've used your recipe a few times now and its great. I haven't used it on the grill yet. That is next. Tonight I did try something new, we made a spaghetti pizza.

-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-