Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mini Chicago Area Meetup  (Read 7636 times)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Mini Chicago Area Meetup
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:05:39 AM »
Ok let's see if we can sort this out Chicago area guys. We are trying to figure out where but it will be Saturday, October 12th. Site may be Weber grill in Lombard. Unless we host at someone's home central to most. Nor trying to have an elaborate setup like the last one at Jeff's house. Small gathering to talk and trade and eat. Contacted Jeff, Brian, Stu, Marty, and Lawrence already. Hank and Todd make sure you check this out. Any other locals feel free as well. Throw out some ideas so we can figure out a meeting place but date seemed good for guys I contacted earlier.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mini Chicago Area Meetup
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:48:01 AM »
Excellent, should work for me!  Looking forward to it. Looks like west of the city may be more central... like the Lombard location.

If anyone going has an early 70's and/or early 80's red 22 they are looking to do something with, let me know.

I have some parts/items I can swap or pass on too.....

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:57:41 AM »
I'll bring patches and stickers for anyone needing to stock up. I'll check with the restaurant to see if they have the new Ranch trailer done yet. That would be fun to check out.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:27:01 AM »
I'll bring patches and stickers for anyone needing to stock up. I'll check with the restaurant to see if they have the new Ranch trailer done yet. That would be fun to check out.

Bring a truck with a hitch.  ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
I'm gonna have a few things I could bring to sell, so I'll post them here in the next few days and if anyone is interested I can bring them along.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:18:33 PM »
Nobody up for an outdoor meeting at a preserve if the weather cooperates?  More practical to bring some grills to show or trade.  I may have an item, or two.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
I'm gonna have a few things I could bring to sell, so I'll post them here in the next few days and if anyone is interested I can bring them along.....
Bring me your Ranch. ;)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:12 AM »
I don't care either way Jeff. If we're going to a forest preserve it'll have to be food we can cook fairly quickly though. Shouldn't be a problem with dogs, brats, burgers, etc.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
I can go either way too. I did invite Warren Peterson (the guy I mentioned that taught George Stephens how to manufacture kettles in the early 50s) and although I have not heard back yet, he may be more interested in a sit down lunch. Might surprise me and be up for anything, so stay tuned. I can always meet with him another time.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 05:05:35 AM »
I might have something to swap as well and am up for anything but would certainly like to hear what Mr. Peterson would have to say about the early days.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »
If it takes a sitdown lunch to meet up with Warren them I vote yes for the sitdown!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 05:41:57 AM »
Wow, that would be really cool.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
If we keep this simple then I'd be willing to host a small group at my house. I live about 1/2hr southeast of Jeff...

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Mini Chicago Area Meetup
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »
I hope you guys don't mind, I mentioned that we may be meeting to Larry Donahue (corporate chef). I believe some of you have talked with him before. I told him one consideration was at the Lombard restaurant and he asked me to email him when it was decided (even though he admitted he is not good at reading emails :) )

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
That's great! Larry is a great guy and I'd love to hang with him again if we can make it happen. I thought about doing that class myself but it's been sold out for a while. Perfect day for it!