Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber original vs. retrofit  (Read 2988 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber original vs. retrofit
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »
@pbe gummi bear .  Not sure if you were implying, but there was no permanent modification done with the above kettle.
That is an original ash ring from a 1996 MT rescue.  Used an ash bar supplied from @zavod44 to get it done.

I was totally implying that you hacked up the underside of that kettle and ruined it's value forever.  :P Jk, I know you know better than that. Hell, your posts about it are part of my OTG upgrade article! The comment was more for people that want to add the bucket and don't know there are ways to do it w/o permanent modification.

You may have mis-remembered …. Or, were thinking of the other 2 redheads that I hacked up ….
No problem, dude.  I dish it out …. I can definitely take it.  No feelings hurt here.   ;) ;D ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
Wow impressive. The red gold. I'm going to add the ash catcher bowl to my 85 red OT. Going GOLD! It's not permanent like u said @pbe gummi [emoji199]!
You guys are awesome thanks mac [emoji505] & darko.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

Cellar2ful

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »

Like MacEggs, I converted a 1990 OTP to a MT by adding the ash catcher.  It was for convenience as I was planning and still do use it as one of my daily cooking kettles.  Also added a couple of Zav handles. @Speedster- I think you will find quite a few members have upgraded their cookers with ash catchers for their ease of use and convenience. 

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
That's awesome. It's a beauty.

Webers rule

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 03:10:19 PM »
Blah blah blah... bullshit.

It it so simple.  Make a grill like you want.... or buy a grill like you want. At the end of the day, you are the one cooking on this thing.  Do you like the higher legs of the mastertouch?, do you like the colour of the copper or whatever of the premium kettle?

Really... in the end, it's all about you. That's it. No more! No less...  If you're happy with black... go for it

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
@darko lmao. Putting a red lid on a blue bowl. If it floats your boat. Nuff said lmao [emoji23]

Webers rule

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »
Why not! I've stuck my copper lid on my black bowl & called it my duracell special edition. Fuck it, I'm cooking on my Weber .

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Duracell! Love that

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »
Lmfao!

Webers rule

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
Don't laugh, It looks really sweet! 8) ;D I'm actually thinking about buying another copper just to keep a lid on a black.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
I'd totally do that man. I want to see pics. I think it's bad ass.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 06:26:57 PM »
I've got some snow around. Gimme a bit of time, I'll get a pic.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:00 AM »

Like MacEggs, I converted a 1990 OTP to a MT by adding the ash catcher.  It was for convenience as I was planning and still do use it as one of my daily cooking kettles.  Also added a couple of Zav handles. @Speedster- I think you will find quite a few members have upgraded their cookers with ash catchers for their ease of use and convenience. 

Gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM