Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: That 70's show  (Read 2190 times)

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
That 70's show
« on: October 06, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »
Been busy this week on the Weber scene. I rescued a Genesis 5000 out of the garbage and have already begun to take it apart. But on Saturday I debated going to this estate sale and I'm glad I did because sitting in the backyard was this redhead. Got it for $25. legs a little shady, but it'll clean up nice.

This is crazy, because with the above red (The Statesman) and the yellow painted green (The Gourmet)  and the other black (The Texan), I have scored three grills all made in the same production. All three have the same vent code for 76"-77".

Now all I need is the Avocado (the Caribbean) and the copper mist (The Warrior). Anyone got one for sale or trade?
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: That 70's show
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Gnarly! 8) I love time when they have been well used.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Very nice trio.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
I love those vents.  I only have two of them.  I can't believe every grill you've got has those.....I have a beater red head that some jackass painted red that has that vent.  I keep it just because I like that vent....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »
Nice grabs!  There's a couple of us with the Genesis 5000 awaiting restoration.  :)
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
Nice threesome!  Whats wrong with the Redheads legs?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »
Nice grabs!  There's a couple of us with the Genesis 5000 awaiting restoration.  :)

It looks like I have every part except for the middle door. Any chance anyone has an extra?

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »
Nice threesome!  Whats wrong with the Redheads legs?

actually the leg sockets. the front leg socket is barely holding on. looks like jb weld is in my future. Also, although all 3 vents were there, but none of the rivets were in. Not sure how they didn't get lost. Hopefully I'll get working on it this week.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »

It looks like I have every part except for the middle door. Any chance anyone has an extra?

Tatoo, to be honest, when I picked up mine, I didn't even know what the H I had. Bman sent me some stuff, as he just aquired one too. Took us both to figure out how to light the damned thing, they have a safety thermocouple system... I'm sure a glass door could be made.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
Dude, you have been on fire with your acquisitions lately! Great line-up.
I, too, am somewhat partial to those vents. Don't have one ... I just admire them from afar.  :-\ ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.