Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dinner on the 3 wheeler.. god I love this grill!!!  (Read 2459 times)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Dinner on the 3 wheeler.. god I love this grill!!!
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
So I stopped by the store as the gf called me at work and said she wanted me to pick up things to make chicken and rice in the oven. I think to myself hmmmm chicken and rice what can I do with that. So in the store I go I grab the chicken breasts then look at rice... I think then grab rice pilaf, then I think need a veggie how about broccoli. So I grab it then it is what to season the chicken with, to the spice section for ideas I settle on one of the weber marinades. I think it was the white whine and herb one. So I cut the chicken into smaller pieces so more area coverage with marinade. Made the rice on the stove.:( then the broccoli never grilled broccoli before so I trimmed it then soaked it in cool water for 20mins then tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar sprinkled with salt and pepper. Anyways to the pics enjoy! My version of chicken and rice(reason to grill and enjoy a new to me beer)!!

The broccoli was a hit so good! The chicken excellent, will be using the weber marinades now as I am impressed. The GF liked the whole meal. I told her I could make the whole meal on the grill if she got me a cast iron skillet to use the grill for my up coming birthday! Fingers crossed. Lol. Thanks for checking it out and have a good day fellow weberites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Dinner on the 3 wheeler.. god I love this grill!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »
Oh and I am quickly making this three wheeler my go to grill it cooks so good. Love it!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
That all looks excellent!  But, how was the beer?

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »
That all looks excellent!  But, how was the beer?

The beer was great. I have always liked IPA's I used to drink fat tire and kind of just grew not to like it. It was the big thing to drink when I was younger especially growing up in the area it was brewed in. Talking with a coworker today about different beers as we seem to do when the shop a/c isn't working and it is sweltering, so he brings up the new Belgium brewing company and I go that's what I am getting something of theirs. Anyways good beer really liked it.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Dinner on the 3 wheeler.. god I love this grill!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
Nice work mike! Those 3 wheelers are great! A whisk brush makes ash clean up much easier if you don't have one yet.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »
Looks great.  How long did you cook the brocoli, and was it still firm or completely softened?

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:38 PM »
Looks great.  How long did you cook the brocoli, and was it still firm or completely softened?

Grilled for about  15 mins. First direct on one side for about 4 minutes then moved over indirect flipped over cooked indirect then finished over direct. They were still firm and had little crunchy bits that tasted so good. Some recipes online said to boil first I ignored this.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:40:14 PM »

"I told her I could make the whole meal on the grill if she got me a cast iron skillet to use the grill for my up coming birthday! "

The 'chicken cookers' are a CI skillet, about 4" deep, with a lid...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »
I would love a plate of that! Ovens!? Who needs ovens!? We don't need no stink'in ovens!  :o

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
Good looking Dinner!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »
Lookin' good! Remember, only use your oven when it stops being fun and becomes a chore.  ;)