Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blu Burgers  (Read 2049 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Blu Burgers
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:02:42 AM »
After seeing Kilted Grillers killer burgers I was really in the mood to make some. These were really a hit and we enjoyed them outside.

I started with fries. These are the best, but I did buy these frozen for lack of time. I did buy a mandolin to make my own, so next time I will make some fresh ones. They are really easy to do though, just drop them in the basket and let them go until they are crisp. You can also char them direct a little if you want.

I tried these with a little Cowboy lump and set them on the upper rack over some oak lump.

Here they are ready to come off with and topped with Point Reyes Bay Bluehttp://www.pointreyescheese.com/cheese/bay_blue

I added the usual onions and lettuce, but this time I added some fresh basil. Boy, this really took them to a new level!

I used A1 and a mix of Schriacha and mayo for the fries.

By the way, The other day I did some baked raviolis stuffed with chicken, smoked chicken sausage, mushrooms and fresh mooz. here's a peek.

Thanks for stopping in! :)

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blu Burgers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
That all looks excellent!  Every time you put a meal up I see something I have to try. This time, it is the fries....  Thanks.

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
Excellent cook. Blue cheese is most excellent on a burger. You can certainly taste the punch of blue cheese over the grilled beef.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Blu Burgers
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
Duke that all looks great! Beef and blu cheese goes together so well and that basil sounds like a great twist. That pasta looks right up my ally as well! I really like that warming rack too.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
Fantastic cook up, Duke!! Thanks for the props, btw. Isn't Point Reyes the shiznet?! The only better blue cheese is Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue (http://www.roguecreamery.com/store/product/1391/Smokey-Blue-Cheese-Wheel/)
The baked raviolis look stellar as well. Nicely done, indeed!

PS-great idea on posting the link!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Thanks for all the great replies everyone! By the way, I used a Weber burger press for the first time and was really pleased with the nice looking burgers. It was fun to use, but I gotta say there's just something about the hand made ones. :)

Kilted Griller, thanks again for turning me on to the Point Reyes Blue cheese. Yeah, it's some of the best I've had and will be a staple here. I will also have to look for the other one you posted.

I made the warming rack using an old grate and I posted it here.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/elevated-half-grill/msg14309/#msg14309

definitely give the fries and the spicey schriacha mayo a try.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Blu Burgers
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
Hey duke are you planning to use the mandolin to make waffle fries or regular fries? We bought one about a month ago and I use it all the time. Totally forgot how versatile they were. The thinnest setting will make awesome fried potatoes or chips too.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
I'm not sure, probably both. Sometimes I like the waffle and other times the steak fries. Please make some and post on them. I want to get some ideas. Thanks!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Blu Burgers
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
Fantastic looking meals. Too bad your halfway across the country otherwise I'd be crashing for supper! I really need to make this grate. I keep staring at yours to see how you make yours.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
Thanks Craig, Just let me know when your are ready and i'll talk you through. I actually made a mistake on this one, but it was my first. It's going to last forever by the way, so don't be squeamish about cutting up an old style grate, but do you your worst one.