Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I made my choice  (Read 2169 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
I made my choice
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
Went with the Smokey Joe Platinum. $29.99 new in the box, havent opened it yet but I will try to take pics when I do. I figure a WGA will turn up  somewhere on Craigslist, I've already spotted and missed one near College Station. Maybe this makes up for the PK I just bought  :) So come on guys , what should I cook up on it now?

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
Re: I made my choice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »
Hmmm...the ever present what should I cook question.  I recommend a cordon bleu.  Lay out a bacon weave, place a chicken breast flettened by a tenderizer hammer, then a coating of spicy mustard and a couple pieces of ham and cheese, then add another layer of chicken, spicy mustard and a cpl pieces of ham and cheese.  The roll it and wrap it in the bacon weave.  Be sure to let it cool before cutting or the cheese will run everywhere on you.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
That would be my choice to cook! Nice score!

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:32:33 AM »
I didn't do any pics of the unboxing and assembly, those are already on the web. It's a DR so it's a 2006, I just wonder if it's been on that shelf all six years. That Cordon Bleu looks great, gonna have a hard time selling the wife on the bacon weave though. I'm not sure I want to go that nice on my first cook on it, kinda like a first date, do you go all out and then she expects that every time? My Genesis Gold (don't hate on it, it's easier to get the cover off the side burner on it than taking the cover off the Performer to light charcoal) was bought off of Craigslist. Judging from the house it came from, the people there (Thurston and Lovey almost to a tee), and the condition it was in I told my wife it had probably never had anything but steak and shrimp on it. I brought it home and slapped the fattiest sausage and burgers I could make on it, got to get her used to life on the farm.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »
Nice score!

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X