Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey Joe Meet and Greet!  (Read 3928 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Smokey Joe Meet and Greet!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 03:23:57 AM »
Thanks for posting those pics Harris. 

Jocool...here is a photo of my pair.  You can see a little better how these legs are constructed.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:26:57 AM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 04:03:56 AM »
Very nice!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »
Nice looking group! If you get enough together in one place, do they multiply?  ;)
kettles, smokers...

Craig

• WKC Mod
Smokey Joe Meet and Greet!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:52 AM »
Anything metal top handled should be pre 1964. Now that usually applies to the bigger kettles, the SJ's could have been a little later. BTW I've never seen a red wooden offset handle with the straight leg style, must be a mid-late 1960s model? Jeff's brown one has the next leg style with the locking triangle frame but precedes the folding leg style.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 08:12:02 AM »
Very nice smokeys! It looks like you guys had a fun meet. Harris you should have dropped the red and yellow there to make it look fuller and ad more color. :)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
Those are some beauty Joes!! It's great to hear WKC members meeting up. I hope to do that some day.  :D

I just realized why I was thinking those offset handled SJs looked vaguely familiar: they are nearly identical to curling stones! Perhaps a new winter sport emerges from WKC. Find a frozen lake, skid a few SJs across the ice, have a few Labatt's and cook up some Perch. Nice way to spend an afternoon.

Oh wait, maybe the winner gets the losers' Joe! (Do kettles have pink slips?)

Marty ... are you part Canuck ... or a hoser like me???!!?? Curling and Labatt's ... sounds like you're one.  ??? :o ;D ;D ;D 8) ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
Ha! No, but my Mom was born in Anchorage and grew up in Canada. I grew up in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Close enough eh?