Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Weber Chill is literally pretty cool  (Read 20510 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
The Weber Chill is literally pretty cool
« on: April 26, 2020, 07:50:04 AM »
My beverage cooler had stopped working some time ago and when I had it fixed, the technician recommended using a thermometer to monitor the temperatures at each setting.  So I took advantage of the recent Thermoworks sale to add a little thermometer to my Weber Chill to keep track of the temps through the clear lid. 

Yesterday I filled up the cooler with a bunch of glass bottle cokes at room temperature and set the Chill to the first setting, covered, and let it go for 24 hours.  This morning I checked the temp and it was exactly at 32F.  Wow! Again, this is at the very first setting!  I am pretty impressed with how cold the Chill gets, but now I’m a little apprehensive to test the higher settings.  I guess there really isn’t a need to test the higher settings, but I’m just kinda curious as to how cold the Chill really gets.  [emoji848]

Hope everyone is having a good day.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: The Weber Chill is literally pretty cool
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 08:25:25 AM »
Very cool, never thought to test mine, I will do that for sure because it's pretty cold in mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »
That’s a cool thermo. I would love to find a chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »
Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 09:06:39 AM »
That’s a cool thermo. I would love to find a chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Post it in the club sales and trade that’s how I got mine. I would also recommend to put your location that way members will be on the lookout for you and let you know if they find it.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2023, 07:45:04 AM »
I know this is resurrecting a very old post...

@Mr.CPHo or anyone else have you gotten a chill fixed? Mine stopped cooling a bit ago, and was wondering what the cost to repair may be.

Thanks!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 08:22:41 AM »
@crowderjd,
I had my Chill fixed by my air-conditioning service technician when he stopped by for regular maintenance.  I asked if he had any experience with refrigerators and he was able to fix mine for less than $75 IIRC.  I want to say it was a thermostat switch, or something like that.