Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meater  (Read 9602 times)

dirtydog

• Happy Cooker
Meater
« on: December 02, 2023, 08:16:28 PM »
I have now had this Meater plus almost two years.  never get it going first try. goes through batteries. i have replace battery twice already.  bc when i go to cook probe doesn't have enough battery.  always have connection problems.  and time line always way off.  any one else have issue with this crappy thermometer.  wish these companies would at least back there god dam products. took 3 months to get a reply email. which was useless.
i keep going back to the smoke 2.  but go through prongs every year.  this is crazy. have a thermapen.  love it. but for small cooks need something reliable. anyone else have these issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Meater
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 05:33:39 AM »
I’ve had my MEATER+ for almost 3 years now and it has never failed me.  Make sure the tip is clean so it charges properly.  A battery lasts me about a year.  Here’s my method:  Take probe out of block and insert it into protein, leave block beside grill, open app on iPad and leave it inside within 30 feet or so of block, once recognized open app on iPhone and set up cook from anywhere.  Wi-Fi connection is between iPhone and iPad so I never loose connection even if I go to the store or basically anywhere.  The time remaining function is only an estimate and changes based on pit temp and meat temp but the elapsed time is correct and is stored in your past cooks list.  I really like having the ability to go back and see how long a cook took - helps me plan on the day of a new cook.  Hope that helps….

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

cdp8

• WKC Brave
Meater
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 08:52:08 PM »
My meater plus takes up space in the kitchen junk drawer. Both internal and external temps were wildly inaccurate. I never had a single cook that was actually done when meater said it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club