Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Table, Pretty Cool!  (Read 6011 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Grill Table, Pretty Cool!
« on: September 28, 2023, 05:16:22 AM »
Recently picked this up.  I’m not sure why, but I was expecting it to be bigger.  Its size is actually really ideal for packing in the car, which I’m certain was the point!  What I can’t understand is why Weber stopped selling them?  Seems like such a great accessory for the SJs and GAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grill Table, Pretty Cool!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 06:44:49 AM »
takes up so little room in the car
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 07:39:04 AM »
So useful and easy to pack…. Mine is pulling beach duty this week with the JJ.

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 05:08:24 PM »
Agreed! I thought they were much bigger the first time I saw pics of one and then fortunate to purchase one!  Very practical and I need to take on Camping trip to test out!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 08:04:38 PM »
The 14.5" WSMs fit as well.

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 07:49:46 AM »
I would grab one if it was to show up near ne for my JJ.

vader

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 10:20:48 AM »
I would assume they stopped making them due to the potential liability of having a live fire off of the ground.

cdp8

• WKC Brave
Grill Table, Pretty Cool!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 11:00:55 AM »
You know what they say about assume. [emoji6] ;)

I think the table is rock solid. I love mine. If Weber was that worried about products liability, they wouldn’t be in the grill business. Weber discontinues accessories all the time. I wish I would have bought one of their WSM ash shovels while they were available. Or any number of Weber goodies that are no longer available.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:55:33 AM by cdp8 »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 12:48:48 PM »
I would assume that they stopped making them for the same reason that they stopped making the Weber Work Table:

And the Smokey Mountain Shovel:

Fortunately, I have them both.  Oh, and the table can easily be modified to work on a Smokey Mountain or a 26er, it just was never marketed that way.

And the reason is . . . who the f--- knows . . . probably some bean counter decided that they weren't moving enough of them to justify the SKU.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »
LOL @Big Dawg!!!  Neat equipment and Hilarious comments!

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 11:18:46 AM »
Recently picked this up.  I’m not sure why, but I was expecting it to be bigger.  Its size is actually really ideal for packing in the car, which I’m certain was the point!  What I can’t understand is why Weber stopped selling them?  Seems like such a great accessory for the SJs and GAs.

The grill table's discontinued?  I knew the WSM shovel was a long time ago but had no idea the grill table was gone too.  You'll definitely enjoy the grill table.  They were designed with the portable barbecues in mind all with being easy to transport in the car.  The first time I used mine was with a Jumbo Joe on a day trip up to Goderich, Ont.  A friend and I fired up and cooked hamburgers in the park by the beach as the sun went down right around this time of year.  It was a beautiful fall day.

As for the WSM shovel and the grill tables and the accessories in general, why are they always getting discontinued?  I'd love to pick up a second WSM ash shove.  I only bought one but I wouldn't mind getting another because I use it with a Ranch as well as with the WSM.  That or I'm going to have to figure out an alternative sometime.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 02:24:22 PM »
Oh yeah, the table has been dead for several years. I picked mine up new in box with my Sequoia. Still haven’t used it.

That ash shovel….well there’s another thing I need! As for why they keep discontinuing, I’m not real sure. Wish they would knock it off haha

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2023, 09:18:05 AM »
I have a brand new shovel that I got with a kettle.  Also have a couple of the work tables, including one that came with a WSM. The person made, or found, some really nice little brackets they bolted on the WSM to hang the table on. Never paid attention to whether the legs could be raised enough to be used on the WSM without using the brackets.  Took the brackets off when I flipped that WSM and put the bolts back through the holes.
regards,
Hal