Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SSP refurb: Indecisive man needs some opinions  (Read 1947 times)

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
SSP refurb: Indecisive man needs some opinions
« on: July 03, 2023, 10:12:24 AM »
Like the title says 😂
I'm going back and forth on three potential options that is causing me some paralysis by analysis.
I'm refurbing an SSP that I'm planning to drop a new kettle into.
I have available right now a dark blue bowl and lid which was the original plan only because I have it.
Two other options I have been wrestling with are a two year old spring green Master Touch, or possibly even a smoke gray (not the new fog gray) Master Touch. I have a smoke grey bowl that was sent to me accidentally by Weber which they told me to go ahead and keep. So I would still need to order the lid from Weber, and that would cost ALMOST as much as the spring green Master Touch is being sold for.
Confused yet?
So am I hahaha
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

Raindog

• WKC Brave
Re: SSP refurb: Indecisive man needs some opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 11:05:21 AM »
Is the blue bowl more period correct than the newer bowls? If not, just your preference in color.

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 11:21:42 AM »
Is the blue bowl more period correct than the newer bowls? If not, just your preference in color.

No it is not. New style, p vents on the bowl.
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »
Go blue

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!