Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It’s already here ! Burnt orange teaser.  (Read 1378 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: It’s already here ! Burnt orange teaser.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 07:37:21 AM »
Isn’t the Ranger Burnt Orange?

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 07:41:08 AM »

I'm so happy to hear that your Burnt Orange Master-Touch arrived and that you already love it! We've only ever done one orange and that was indeed the Meat Cuts. That shade of orange was called Harvest Orange. The Burnt Orange is sort of an homage to the Harvest Orange, but it obviously isn't an exact match. The match with the Longhorn orange is purely coincidental. It's a happy accident for any Texas fans. Hope you enjoy cooking on it whenever you're able to get around to it, and thanks for sharing all the great pics!

Yes May I have another……….meat cuts. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 07:46:06 AM »

Gorgeous kettle, looks great next to the Glen Blue 26er!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Thanks Bama ! I can’t take credit for any of it but the photo. I am really falling in love with this kettle. I have to wonder if this is a one of a kind color in Weber history. Over time we’ve had all shades of greens, yellows , reds, browns, grays, whites, but I can’t think of an orange. Maybe the meat cut kettle was orangey but I’ve never seen one in person. It would be a holy grail of mine to get one of those.

By the way the glen blue was a passion of mine. My wife was one of the first to get the glen blue and it came badly damaged. Weber came through and replaced everything it needed. That damaged lid and bowl sat in a box and it was killing me. I went out and bought a brand new black 26 and cobbled everything together. I had to bend the lid and bowl back into shape to get it to sit right. I don’t have a huge crowd to cook for anymore but give me a chance and I fire that thing up. I feel honored to have one. The other parts I swiped from the Hollywood gray that I won on eBay. That glen blue was an instant classic in my book.

Thanks for sharing your story behind the Glen Blue.  You may or may not have seen mine which I got early on when they first came out.  It arrived with issues to the lid and bowl and John Burns helped me out with my warranty claim.  Main issue was a porcelain pop on the lid which prompted my wife to name her "Marilyn" after Marilyn Monroe.  It's probably our most cherished grill and we use it a lot.  Makes some amazing food and has even been to the beach with us on two separate week long vacations.  She's coming with us again in August and will be cooking some pork butts, ribs, burgers and fresh seafood.

Cheers and congratulations again on the Orange!

Yes ! I don’t post much but I have seen Marilyn in many topics. I love how she travels around and puts out great food in grate places. Your cooking is top notch. But please stop making us all feeling hungry.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 08:17:44 AM »
I wish!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 08:18:45 AM »

Gorgeous kettle, looks great next to the Glen Blue 26er!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Thanks Bama ! I can’t take credit for any of it but the photo. I am really falling in love with this kettle. I have to wonder if this is a one of a kind color in Weber history. Over time we’ve had all shades of greens, yellows , reds, browns, grays, whites, but I can’t think of an orange. Maybe the meat cut kettle was orangey but I’ve never seen one in person. It would be a holy grail of mine to get one of those.

By the way the glen blue was a passion of mine. My wife was one of the first to get the glen blue and it came badly damaged. Weber came through and replaced everything it needed. That damaged lid and bowl sat in a box and it was killing me. I went out and bought a brand new black 26 and cobbled everything together. I had to bend the lid and bowl back into shape to get it to sit right. I don’t have a huge crowd to cook for anymore but give me a chance and I fire that thing up. I feel honored to have one. The other parts I swiped from the Hollywood gray that I won on eBay. That glen blue was an instant classic in my book.

Thanks for sharing your story behind the Glen Blue.  You may or may not have seen mine which I got early on when they first came out.  It arrived with issues to the lid and bowl and John Burns helped me out with my warranty claim.  Main issue was a porcelain pop on the lid which prompted my wife to name her "Marilyn" after Marilyn Monroe.  It's probably our most cherished grill and we use it a lot.  Makes some amazing food and has even been to the beach with us on two separate week long vacations.  She's coming with us again in August and will be cooking some pork butts, ribs, burgers and fresh seafood.

Cheers and congratulations again on the Orange!

Yes ! I don’t post much but I have seen Marilyn in many topics. I love how she travels around and puts out great food in grate places. Your cooking is top notch. But please stop making us all feeling hungry.

Thanks so much!  Yeah I like taking pictures and cooking so this forum allows me to share that with others.  I appreciate all the members here so much.... 

We had Marilyn for 9 months before I could light a fire in her and have now logged more cooks on her than any other.  Hope you don't wait that long for that cool orange one! 

Have fun....

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 08:19:43 AM »
Clay pot ?

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 09:31:15 AM »
Isn’t the Ranger Burnt Orange?

Yes, the Ranger did come in a red color that was named Burnt Orange. It was an oversight on our end that Burnt Orange was a name that was already used. However, since the Ranger has been discontinued for more than 40 years, and was always an obscure model, we felt it wasn't imperative that we rename the Master-Touch Burnt Orange to something else by the time the color name duplication was discovered. #IworkforWeber

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 09:35:16 AM »
Clay pot ?

Terracotta would have been a good color name!

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 12:51:32 PM »
I wanna know how that thing blushes as it gets hot
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 05:44:07 AM »
Jburns, I sent you a pm. I don’t have good luck getting them either but you should check it out.