Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It’s already here ! Burnt orange teaser.  (Read 1379 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
It’s already here ! Burnt orange teaser.
« on: June 07, 2023, 07:09:39 PM »
Everything looks good so far. I took a bunch of pics in different lighting but my phone never captures the colors correctly. I think the two pics of the lid on my front porch are the most accurate. I love it and it looks amazing in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
Re: It’s already here ! Burnt orange teaser.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 07:34:44 PM »
That does look grate! Looking forward to more pictures.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 09:57:07 PM »
Just a side note here. I’m sitting in my garage under daylight led bulbs trying to think of how to explain this color. Something popped in my mind to check the University of Texas school colors and low and behold this is what I found. A screenshot of the official color.

Do we have something going on here ? Is John a Texas fan LOL.

Anyway it’s a pretty good match and the Longhorn is officially burnt orange.

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 07:43:47 AM »
Congratulations it's a beauty! 
I love the pics where it's posed next to the 70th anniversary grills. 
It's gonna fit right in. :-)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 10:16:30 AM »
Cool pics in different lighting.  Let’s see it in its full assembled glory!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »
Congratulations! Look forward to the assembled pics!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:34 PM »
Ran out of time but here are some evening sunset shots.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 03:12:05 AM »
Gorgeous kettle, looks great next to the Glen Blue 26er!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 04:28:51 AM »

Thanks Bama ! I can’t take credit for any of it but the photo. I am really falling in love with this kettle. I have to wonder if this is a one of a kind color in Weber history. Over time we’ve had all shades of greens, yellows , reds, browns, grays, whites, but I can’t think of an orange. Maybe the meat cut kettle was orangey but I’ve never seen one in person. It would be a holy grail of mine to get one of those.

By the way the glen blue was a passion of mine. My wife was one of the first to get the glen blue and it came badly damaged. Weber came through and replaced everything it needed. That damaged lid and bowl sat in a box and it was killing me. I went out and bought a brand new black 26 and cobbled everything together. I had to bend the lid and bowl back into shape to get it to sit right. I don’t have a huge crowd to cook for anymore but give me a chance and I fire that thing up. I feel honored to have one. The other parts I swiped from the Hollywood gray that I won on eBay. That glen blue was an instant classic in my book.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 05:14:09 AM »
Very cool color.  Congrats on your new kettle.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 05:19:33 AM »
The orange lid on the black bowl kinda reminds me of the Stok Drum Kettle.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 05:28:37 AM »

The orange lid on the black bowl kinda reminds me of the Stok Drum Kettle.

Wow funny thing you say that since a few years ago I almost bought a Stok because I liked the color. I guess subconsciously I like orange.

As soon as I dropped it on the black I said to my wife, I think we could make a Chicago bears grill haha.

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 05:31:40 AM »

Very cool color.  Congrats on your new kettle.

Thanks! I don’t know if I’m going to cook on it yet this year. I’m wondering if it changes color with heat ? Should I be the first to fire one up ?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2023, 06:31:14 AM »

Thanks Bama ! I can’t take credit for any of it but the photo. I am really falling in love with this kettle. I have to wonder if this is a one of a kind color in Weber history. Over time we’ve had all shades of greens, yellows , reds, browns, grays, whites, but I can’t think of an orange. Maybe the meat cut kettle was orangey but I’ve never seen one in person. It would be a holy grail of mine to get one of those.

By the way the glen blue was a passion of mine. My wife was one of the first to get the glen blue and it came badly damaged. Weber came through and replaced everything it needed. That damaged lid and bowl sat in a box and it was killing me. I went out and bought a brand new black 26 and cobbled everything together. I had to bend the lid and bowl back into shape to get it to sit right. I don’t have a huge crowd to cook for anymore but give me a chance and I fire that thing up. I feel honored to have one. The other parts I swiped from the Hollywood gray that I won on eBay. That glen blue was an instant classic in my book.

Thanks for sharing your story behind the Glen Blue.  You may or may not have seen mine which I got early on when they first came out.  It arrived with issues to the lid and bowl and John Burns helped me out with my warranty claim.  Main issue was a porcelain pop on the lid which prompted my wife to name her "Marilyn" after Marilyn Monroe.  It's probably our most cherished grill and we use it a lot.  Makes some amazing food and has even been to the beach with us on two separate week long vacations.  She's coming with us again in August and will be cooking some pork butts, ribs, burgers and fresh seafood.

Cheers and congratulations again on the Orange!

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 06:58:26 AM »
I'm so happy to hear that your Burnt Orange Master-Touch arrived and that you already love it! We've only ever done one orange and that was indeed the Meat Cuts. That shade of orange was called Harvest Orange. The Burnt Orange is sort of an homage to the Harvest Orange, but it obviously isn't an exact match. The match with the Longhorn orange is purely coincidental. It's a happy accident for any Texas fans. Hope you enjoy cooking on it whenever you're able to get around to it, and thanks for sharing all the great pics!