Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Good day for some cookin'  (Read 2156 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Good day for some cookin'
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:19:12 AM »
Still early on a Sunday...I have already baked another chocolate cake and made some German Pancakes on the grill. I will be making some more brownies for my Daughter to eat during the week and will finish off the day by cooking a Ham on the Rotisserie . My Weber has really been getting a workout lately. ;D
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: Good day for some cookin'
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »
Right on OTP.  Sounds like my Sunday as well.  My phone camera lense is scuffed so I may not add the photos, but I grilled some cookies with my daughter, then she made dogs while I did the burgers.

Tonight will be whole chickens, potatos and something green.

Despite the 100 degree temps, I plan on spending the whole day here in the back yard.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:39 PM »

These are some of the white chocolate macadamia cookies about to come off the gril.  Dad (me) is not a baker, so yes, these are from pre made cookie dough from the refirgerator section at the market.  These were cooked on the avacado using charcoal baskets on the sides.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
Some fresh off the grill in the front, and some ready to go on in the back.

I like using parchment for cookies and pizza, and it rarely even scorches.  I highly recommend doing quick stuff like cookies either befor or after the meal, especially for you charcoal wasters that don't shut down yer vents!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:36:31 PM by G$ »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »
Youngest daughter doing hot dogs on the 18 OTG.  This photo was right before she sacrificied one to the charcoal gods letting it slip through The slot near the edge of the flip up grates.  I explained this is a right of passage when doing hot dogs.  Happens to charcoal masters and apprentice alike.

And sorry for the blur, this is my POS phone.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »
All right OTP, this is my last one, then you need to post a pic in the thread I hijacked.

This is my dog. I topped it with the vinegar-sriracha slaw i have been making, with a little extra sriracha added. FAN tastic.  I may have to post the slaw recipe- i have been loving it.

The result was sort of a korean style chicago dog.  (blasphemy to Koreans and Chicagoans alike I am sure)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »
Getting ready to come off the spit!

I didn't take any pictures of the Cake,Brownies or German Pancake since I have already posted recent baking photos of those items.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
That ham looks amazing!

How old is your daughter? I have images in my head of my son (who is only 8 months right now) cooking his first hot dog on his own 18" or SJ when he is 7 or 8. I'm hoping to find a lime green one or another fun color.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 06:01:57 AM »
Tim, she is 11.  Lime green is her favourite color and I am continuing my search to find a lime Weber for her.  Closest we have come is the avacado, which she likes ... but it isn't lime!  She did all the work on the dogs, including lighting the charcoal, moving the grates, etc.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:58:53 AM »
Awesome!
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
Good looking eats guys! G$ feel free to post that slaw recipe. I have not found one yet that is perfect for me.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.