Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need help dating an early PK  (Read 741 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Need help dating an early PK
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 07:44:48 PM »
Ever heard of a Charwood?
It’s a Legacy clone that was supposedly an incentive for Ducks Unlimited lifetime members.
I recently sold the Red Boomer

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

tiewunon

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »
- Have never heard of the Charwood.  Interesting marketing angle.

- My grandfather (my dad's dad) had a Boomer.  I remember him cooking on that when I was a little guy.  Not sure whatever happened to that grill, but the memories of that grill pushed me to buy a Hastybake.  Course it took me a while to get it after spending 31 years in the Navy and countless moves.  My Gourmet is like yours with the bifold door, but I went without the window seeing how the 257 is SS.

- Got a question for you I was sniffing around on your Facebook page and noticed you had an Englebrecht.  How do you like it?  One of those has been on my radar and I have an itch that needs scratched.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 04:30:33 PM »
Yeah the Engelbrecht is a recent Craigslist acquisition and it is a solid cooker. I haven’t used it as an offset but the Santa Maria is really nice. Send me a friend request

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!