Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Prep Table - Kinda Sorta  (Read 399 times)

xring01

• Smokey Joe
Prep Table - Kinda Sorta
« on: October 06, 2022, 12:08:36 PM »
I have had my Weber Summit, long before they called it Summit Kamado…

Looking at the newer units, I really like the table that comes with them, but thats alot $$$ and I already have one..

So I thought about building a nice prep table to go next to my Summit and jumped down a rabbit hole of all the options, and looking at the cost of the raw materials. Then a lightbulb came on and I started looking at tool box’s with wood top..

Found this… for $199 and its Stainless Steel.… I think at Home Depot. It stands pretty tall, but I prefer it that way, especiallly when I am trying to wrap some ribs. The top of it is not the largest, but I can install a larger top on top of the existing top if I want to ???

I now have space to store a lighter, knives, utensils, etc etc etc etc . And LOTS COOL STUFF..

So far I am pretty happy, not bad for the $$$

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:57:38 PM by xring01 »
Pitts & Spitts 24x36 Offset Smoker, Ranch Kettle, 18" WSM, 22" WSM, 22" Grill, 24" Summit

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Re: Prep Table - Kinda Sorta
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »
Looks good!  Be interested to know how it holds up in the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 01:21:15 PM »
That looks like a great, economical way to have a nice work surface and storage at the same time. Stainless is a bonus and as you said you can always put a larger top on it if needed.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

xring01

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »
That looks like a great, economical way to have a nice work surface and storage at the same time. Stainless is a bonus and as you said you can always put a larger top on it if needed.

See, I am not as stupid as I look… lol
Pitts & Spitts 24x36 Offset Smoker, Ranch Kettle, 18" WSM, 22" WSM, 22" Grill, 24" Summit