Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Putting a flavorizer bar into a NEW Weber Go-Anywhere Gas grill......???  (Read 908 times)

Dmiller12

• Happy Cooker
I've heard so much about how bad the new design is for these regarding the new cooking grate and lack of flavorizer bar.  I just bought one of these WGA gas grills but have not yet cooked on it.  I see that you can still purchase the flavorizer bars from the old design and that they will indeed fit inside the new grills.  Has anyone done this and if so can you share your thoughts and opinions?  Any safety concerns?  I'm looking to reduce the amount of cleanup and heard that the old flavorizer bars reduced the amount of grease, etc. that accumulated on the bottom of the grill.  Any thoughts would be most graciously appreciated.....  Thanks!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
I say go for it.... I've got a couple GGAs and they all have the flavorizer - I guess because they are the old models with wood handles.  I've been looking at a cast iron grate for the GGA and just got a set of aluminum grill grates that were factory seconds and on sale.  My Q grills cook very well with the cast iron grates and I think the GGA would as well.  Only having cooked once on mine, I can't give great advice - just what I've researched and related to other grills I own.  I will say that these are not for low and slow but could be a great searing grill.  Did a few tests with mine and my thermoworks registers about 450F at the lowest setting.  It should be great for burgers, steaks, chops and chicken.  Show your cooks if you don't mind sharing!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DGQICAO/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_9?smid=A3TCH4D43MPZKI&psc=1

https://www.grillgrate.com/products/replacement-grillgrate-set-for-weber-go-anywhere-grill/

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger

Dmiller12

• Happy Cooker
Thank you for the response.  I bought the flavorizer bar only and was going to try it while still keeping the newer designed grate.  Haven't tried it yet so I am curious to see if that setup will allow enough heat to rise to the newer style porcelain grate. 

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
I bought a similar diffuser and was sorely disappointed I hate to say. My GGA just doesn’t put out enough heat. I have pretty much retired it and switched to a Q grill for portable grilling duty.