Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Warranty Fail - They Made it Right  (Read 1780 times)

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Weber Warranty Fail - They Made it Right
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »
I ordered a replacement lid for my weber fireplace last month (the original had a scratch when I bought it new around Fathers Day). I opened up the box it came in to reassemble it today, and unfortunately the new lid has some issues: the appearance of surface rust in one spot, crazing in the porcelain in another, but worse is that it is visibly out of round.

It was really poorly packaged, which I realize is out of character for them (thin bubble wrap & a single piece of newspaper in each corner). I'm not looking forward to calling Weber CS back. Any tips?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:04:48 PM by cbpeck »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Warranty Fail
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
Call them and tell them the condition your item came in, they will make it right.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
Yep, they will make it right.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
Yep, they did. I had a bit of headache getting the first replacement because they don't make the fireplaces anymore. This time, though, "Melissa" was great. Not a hint of hesitation, and she said she would tell them to do a better job packing it. She also updated my "acct info" to include all of my Weber products. Some of the best service in any industry.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Warranty Fail - They Made it Right
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
I'm kind of in the same situation. I needed a replacement bowl for a weber that was a prize in a giveway that was damaged in shipping. I called them to see how to treat the chips. The actually sent me a whole new complete grill. However the new grill bowl was also damaged also. I'm hesitant to call them again because they have gone above and beyond the warranty for me.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
Weber does a good job with their retail packaging. I'm not so sure the guys who ship replacement parts live up to the same standard.

It occurs to me that I will soon possess two imperfect, but nevertheless usable surplus fireplace lids.I can't help but think about conjuring up a use for them. I dont have a need for a large vertical smoker, but that is one possibility that comes to mind. Any ideas?

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Weber Warranty Fail - They Made it Right
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »
Cb I haven't seen a firepit in a very long time. But what about using Golly's idea and making it a hanging light over your deck.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
Cb I haven't seen a firepit in a very long time. But what about using Golly's idea and making it a hanging light over your deck.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."

That's not a bad idea, but I think they're really too big for that. They are closer to the size of the disc on the top of tall propane heaters. I'll come up with something eventually.