Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another shot at a Slow n Sear!  (Read 420 times)

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
Another shot at a Slow n Sear!
« on: October 29, 2021, 07:22:53 AM »
For those who may have missed the sale on the Deluxe, or just need another to add to their arsenal, SnS is having a sale on the original that ends this Monday!
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Another shot at a Slow n Sear!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 10:44:52 AM »
I also saw that! The end of the year keeps getting better and better!
In case anyone needs a direct link to to the site… here is my affiliate link.

http://snsgrills.com?afmc=2l

I also heard they are coming out with a 26” / 67cm Drip’n Griddle. That should make a lot of you happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 03:49:11 PM »
Hey I missed that flash sale for the deluxe, but thanks for heads up!

Does having the removable water portion really worth the difference in cost?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:51:25 PM by DaGoomba »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 12:35:40 AM »
Hello DeGoomba,

The removable water part is great if you need a really large searing area for like tomahawks or something.

The benefits of the Deluxe for me is the grate at the bottom. This helps in keeping smaller chunks of lump from falling through to the bottom of the kettle. “Helps” is the word here!!
For me personally I like the grate on the bottom of the deluxe because you can grab the entire Slow’n Sear when it is COLD 🥶 and give it a lift and shake to kick off the ash from briquettes or lump before you re-light [emoji91] it for your next cook!
It is also possible to carefully move the Slow’n Sear while it is lit without the coals falling out the bottom. By “Move” I mean sliding it from the side to the center of the grill!

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »
Hello DeGoomba,

The removable water part is great if you need a really large searing area for like tomahawks or something.

The benefits of the Deluxe for me is the grate at the bottom. This helps in keeping smaller chunks of lump from falling through to the bottom of the kettle. “Helps” is the word here!!
For me personally I like the grate on the bottom of the deluxe because you can grab the entire Slow’n Sear when it is COLD 🥶 and give it a lift and shake to kick off the ash from briquettes or lump before you re-light [emoji91] it for your next cook!
It is also possible to carefully move the Slow’n Sear while it is lit without the coals falling out the bottom. By “Move” I mean sliding it from the side to the center of the grill!

Thanks! Ya I think I’ll wait for the deluxe to on sale again. I like the bennies you mentioned and maybe there will be a Black Friday sale for it.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 03:28:56 PM »
Mine came in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 09:37:13 PM »
Mine came in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

65Westy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 08:43:12 AM »
Better add this to my Christmas list!

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 07:18:39 AM »
I have the SlowNSear Plus which is the same as the Deluxe with the exception you cannot remove the water tray.  When I want to expand my grilling area on the Plus I just place some lit charcoal inside the water tray minus the water.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:22:56 AM by MANCHAS2020 »

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 10:11:07 AM »
NOW only $39.99!

I'm guessing they are offloading their inventory and discontinuing the original?
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."