Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: N-code Identification query  (Read 218 times)

Farace

• Smokey Joe
N-code Identification query
« on: June 26, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »
Hi, a few weeks ago we picked up a green N-code 1991 One Touch Plus that we’ve rehabbed to pass along to our grandson, who will likely be picking it up tomorrow.

Today I picked up another N-code kettle, this one black. This one, however, has the three daisy wheel vents on the bottom, and the triangle has just a center rod without the normal two extra V-shaped rods. What is the model of this one? I presume it’s the bottom of the line model. I’m probably going to clean it up and flip it; we only really bought it for the grill baskets that came with it, and it was only $15. (Then again, we may miss having a third grill once the green OTP leaves with our grandson.)

Thanks!

Cellar2ful

Re: N-code Identification query
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 12:26:02 PM »

You have what was/is named a BAR-B-KETTLE. Here is a quote describing it from the WKC Master Touch History thread.

"BAR-B-KETTLE with 3 user installed daisy wheels, single front bowl handle (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, black wheels, single center spoke triangle frame".

The description can be found under the The Master Touch (Gen 1) section.

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Farace

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »
Thank you, somehow I missed that article. It also answers a question I didn’t know I had: I was assuming the wheels were missing the WEBER whitewalls, but it seems they were never there.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »
Thank you, somehow I missed that article. It also answers a question I didn’t know I had: I was assuming the wheels were missing the WEBER whitewalls, but it seems they were never there.

Correct.  Also, the economy triangle with the missing spokes are nicknamed "racing triangles" by the WKC.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Farace

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »
 :-\

Correct.  Also, the economy triangle with the missing spokes are nicknamed "racing triangles" by the WKC.

Funny, they do slightly resemble the symbol for AutoDelta, which at one time was the racing arm of Alfa Romeo. :)