Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help - Hose for SS TNG Performer  (Read 161 times)

duals73

• Happy Cooker
Help - Hose for SS TNG Performer
« on: May 17, 2021, 10:40:22 AM »
Hi.  I have a 2001 Weber SS Performer and I'm worried about the hose.  It has a bad kink in it and I'd like to replace it, but it's taken me down a rabbit hole that I'm not really that skilled at.  Is it possible to buy a replacement hose and regulator that connect to my 5lbs tank?  The attached picture shows the pieces, ideally I'd just replace the hose and reattach the other pieces.  If getting a whole new hose and regulator is needed, that's ok too, I'm just confused by all the options and which I exactly need.  If anyone has any ideas/suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
Re: Help - Hose for SS TNG Performer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »
You have a couple of options, depending on how much life is left in your propane tank and how 'stock' you want to keep your setup.  About the only component my SSP still had when I got it was the elbow that plugs into the burner tube - the hose was cut off and everything else was gone.  I got a new tank at Family Farm and Home, and a new stainless-clad hose and a couple of fittings from Ace to piece the system back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

duals73

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »
Looks great.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll check out what I can cobble together.  I'm not super hung up about it looking stock, just want it reliable and functional.

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
Yeah, if you don't mind the hose showing, the stainless-clad is definitely the way to go.

I wanted a 1/8" NPT to 3/8 flare adapter to go directly from the new hose to the elbow, but for some reason, they're not nearly as common as 1/4" NPT x 3/8 flare.  I had a choice between Amazon (which was ungodly expensive), driving twenty minutes to Menard's, or getting a 3/8 flare x 1/4" NPT bushing and a 1/4 x 1/8" reducing nipple.  I chose option C.
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe