Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Add side burner or 3rd internal burner in a Spirit 2 burner stainless  (Read 294 times)

Transit98

• WKC Brave
That’s right, I know it’s not the best way to go about improving cooking times and adding the convenience of a side burner. One should just purchase the 3 burner outright from the beginning.

Was thinking about getting a gasser 3 years ago and scored a great deal on an all stainless spirit 2 burner that still works and looks great.

I would love to add a side burner or an internal burner in the middle to use cast iron on or just for the extra heat/btu

Tell me I’m crazy and that it’s unsafe.
I looked at the camp chef single and double burners. They would work great, but it would be another thing. I all ready I’m lucky enough to have 3 charcoal 2 kettle and 1 18 WSM - should I wait till I want to pony up for a bigger model with the side burner? That’s not gonna happen this year and like I said she still looks great.

Thank in advance for letting me talk about gassers. I promise next 20 posts will be charcoal related. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Add side burner or 3rd internal burner in a Spirit 2 burner stainless
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 03:36:14 AM »
I can't think of any reason not to add a side burner, you could probably score a beat up gasser with a side burner for next to nothing, the side burners hardly go bad !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Add side burner or 3rd internal burner in a Spirit 2 burner stainless
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 04:54:05 AM »
Was thinking about drilling a hole is the back of the fire box dead center and placing this in. I could run cast iron and pots in the center. It would need to have its own line from the propane unless I put in a 2 way adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Concord 6" Diameter High Pressure Burner Head with Brass Orifice and Build in Stand (Burner Head with Regulator Hose) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKCXY1B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EGV8MK3KAQAMNJ9B35YA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Add side burner or 3rd internal burner in a Spirit 2 burner stainless
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 05:16:58 AM »
looks like an awesome addition and a fun project
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill