Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Indigo  (Read 656 times)

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
Indigo
« on: February 26, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »
Ordered this online from Ace.  My wife picked it up today.  I will put it together next week when I get back from Kazakhstan.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
Re: Indigo
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 09:30:55 AM »
Cool, putting together a new grill is always a good time. Then you get to cook on it and have more of a good time. Congrats!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 01:44:04 PM »
@NL_Weber_fan congrats! How’s the bbq in Kazakhstan?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 09:12:30 PM »
I was really busy so I will only be able to grill 6 times in 5 weeks.  Meat and food selection here is actually really good.  Some people bring in food but I buy everything here (except specialty baking items).  I can get this great Russian beef brand here and it is just as good as USA prime.  Locally the restaurants have really good skewers called shashlik.

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
Indigo
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:02 AM »
Put it together today.   Overall the finish is pretty good.  A few minor blemishes but overall fine because I am going to cook with it.  One gripe is it has the key hole type lower vent and it seems the one touch system and the basket holder wasn’t designed for it.  At first, with handle all the way closed the vent was still open about 1/4 inch.  Wiggled stuff around and played with the sweeps a bit and now I think it is acceptable.  I eventually want to bend the handle a little bit and then it will be perfect. Going to try out mahi-mahi and scallops tonight .

The color is really nice.  Unfortunately it looks almost black in this picture but in the sun it is a nice understated blue with almost a hint of purple.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 06:59:26 AM by NL_Weber_fan »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 07:03:06 AM »
I like that color....enjoy and hope to see a cook on this beauty very soon!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 07:06:08 AM »
That looks awesome!  Love the dark blue.  Are the whitewalls original, or your own personal touch?  I like the added slide aside. 

Could you elaborate on your issue regarding the P-vents?  I want to swap out the bowl in my SSP-WSM to the newer style P-vents, but it sounds like you’re not getting a good seal.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 07:33:15 AM »
I like the color !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 07:59:12 AM »
Nice color. Also like it when the Soyuz launches from there and ferries the astronauts and cosmonauts for their 3-6 month stay in the space hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 10:54:20 AM »
I have installed the sweeps incorrectly before and had to remove and reinstall to get the guide on the ash collar to line up and seal the wholes the right way.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Here are some pictures in the sun.  I also noticed the blue porcelain came off by the handle.  Disappointing.  I had the same problem with the lime green smokey joe last year.  That was by the side vents and it was covered up by the vents.  I kept that one and brought it to Kazakhstan, but I will probably contact customer service when I move back to the USA in a couple years.

This one I want to cook on because I am only home for a little over two more weeks this trip.  I will probably call customer service later this spring.  I have never had any trouble with porcelain coming off a black kettle.  I only tightened the handle with the included tool.

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
Indigo
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
That looks awesome!  Love the dark blue.  Are the whitewalls original, or your own personal touch?  I like the added slide aside. 

Could you elaborate on your issue regarding the P-vents?  I want to swap out the bowl in my SSP-WSM to the newer style P-vents, but it sounds like you’re not getting a good seal.

The white walls came with it. The sweeps came installed.  When I first installed the  ash bucket holder this is all the further it would go.  Then with some gentle pressure on the sweeps I got it to go further.  I guess I will see how the fire goes out tonight.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:34:59 PM by NL_Weber_fan »

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 01:04:13 PM »
Beauty kettle congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 04:27:39 PM »