Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber’s Excellent Customer Service  (Read 182 times)

Cookb4

• Smokey Joe
Weber’s Excellent Customer Service
« on: February 17, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
I bought a glen blue 26 last summer. I decided to store it outside under a cover. A couple weeks ago the wind blew the grill over. When I was cleaning it up I noticed there was significant damage to the lid and bowl of the grill. Both had been dented and were warped. I called Weber today to submit a warranty claim, only find out that the warranty does not cover natural disasters like wind. Without even having to ask the customer service rep said they would send me a new lid and bowl at no charge. Just another example of Webers excellent customer service and a good reminder why I will be a Weber buyer for life. On a sidenote I’m going to start storing the grill in the garage.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber’s Excellent Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 03:18:17 PM »
Wow, that’s great customer!
Congrats on getting your GB lid and bowl replaced.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 04:06:29 PM »
Wow, that’s really good.  I’m not surprised at all, they are top notch.  Glad you’ll have a flawless GB when all is said and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 04:13:35 PM »
Glad you had a happy ending. It's not a fun lesson to learn when it comes to keeping some kettles outside. 

Some tips would be to put something heavy on the bottom triangle or fasten it down somehow.  I have also used some plastic bungie cords from time to time to keep lids from falling.  If the wind is going to be really really bad I wouldn't leave them outside even with covers because if the wind gusts just right it can yank the cover and topple it over.

I keep my daily driver performer and my pizza kettle rig outside or under our deck.  At the end of the day if something happened I would cuss a little but have little regret.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »
I have had a kettle blow off the deck because of the cover . Luckily it was minor damage and it wasn’t a vintage kettle. But now I keep all my kettles in my garage except the black 22” that I found on the side of the road .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club