Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Have you ever thought about consolidating to...  (Read 399 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Have you ever thought about consolidating to...
« on: February 17, 2021, 06:45:15 AM »
Have you ever thought about consolidating a few of your neglected kettles by selling them to finance a summit?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Have you ever thought about consolidating to...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 07:22:51 AM »
Yes!  I have.  I like my collection but it also consumes quite a bit of time to store and maintain (made worse  by me being ocd about keeping them clean).   I also feel self-obligated to use them all.  I’m a mess.....lol.

I could not justify a summit without shedding kettles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:31:29 AM »
I have not considered that yet, but I have decided to try and not neglect so many kettles this year
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:33:11 AM »
Passed-by a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership last week which had a WSCG with SS Table for-sale for Two Thousand Eight-Hundred($2,800) Dollars.  I only have a WSM 18" Classic" that I bought new in the year 2008, Weber Performer Deluxe bought new in January 2020 and the small Weber Smoky Joe.

So, the WSCG remains only a "Want" and not a "Need" due to the high price and I am reminded of a Harry Soo You Tube Post Statement that "it's not the type of Cooker you use but the skill of the Griller in producing good BBQ".  I have produced some very tasty BBQ Eats using my past and present BBQ/Grilling  charcoal equipment.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:40:01 AM by MANCHAS2020 »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 08:47:21 AM »
No need or interest for me.... I gravitate to older kettles with color and history rather than the newer ones - not counting my new Glen Blues or my Ivory MT.  This year I plan on rotating more of them into action which I'm really looking forward to.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »
I made an agreement with myself that if I was to find the Summit charcoal grilling center used and in good condition for the right price that I would let go of a few kettles to cover the expense. Potsie Weber set me up with a Weber retiree that was moving and didn't plan on moving the Summit with him.
I let go of a grey and a lime Crate & Barrel performer, a red performer SS. A blue 22 in one-touch gold. It was fun having all of the Crate and Barrel performers at one time, but as Kain has said in the past I would not regret it. I love my Summit and I would sell them over again if I had too.
Have you ever thought about consolidating a few of your neglected kettles by selling them to finance a summit?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »
Not really. I don’t live in a cold climate so I don’t need the insulated body of the SCG. I’d rather have the extra cooking real estate of the 26. Another caveat is that I would (and kind of have) consolidate to a Big Green Egg but I’m still chasing an XL. I also fall back on my WSM’s for large, long smokes.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 04:09:02 PM »
You got a great deal on that one.  When Potsie told me the price I about fell out of my chair, but the drive would have been killer.   I told him to let you know if you had buyers remourse I would consider buying it off of you later, but in some of your comments I don't see that happening haha.

I have missed out on a few good deals for a Summit and would definitely buy one at the right price.  Unfortunately selling a few others would be mandatory to keep the wife happy and keep storage manageable.   
I made an agreement with myself that if I was to find the Summit charcoal grilling center used and in good condition for the right price that I would let go of a few kettles to cover the expense. Potsie Weber set me up with a Weber retiree that was moving and didn't plan on moving the Summit with him.
I let go of a grey and a lime Crate & Barrel performer, a red performer SS. A blue 22 in one-touch gold. It was fun having all of the Crate and Barrel performers at one time, but as Kain has said in the past I would not regret it. I love my Summit and I would sell them over again if I had too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 02:55:34 PM »
I did that exact thing and sold most of my collection.  Said I was going to focus on cooking, not collecting.  It didn't last long.  Now I have 2 Summit charcoal grills, 2 WSMs, a smokefire over 15 kettles, 3 smokey joes and 3 WGAs. Good luck!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »
I did, and I didn't .  It is so nice having some of the old grills. Whether used or not, It is nice to look at them, and enjoy them.

Dustin Flavell

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 04:03:12 AM »
I was fortunate to get my summit grill center for 999, so I only felt the need to unload the performer and the 18” WSM. Love the summit which likely would be the last one to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Save a salmon...eat more BEEF