Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for help identifying and value Glen Blue grill  (Read 808 times)

mr110

• Happy Cooker
Looking for help identifying and value Glen Blue grill
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »
Hello. 

I recently acquired this grill, I bought it because the color was great but after some research, I feel there might be someone who would appreciate it and appreciate it much more than me.

I was wondering if people here might help me assess a value on this unit.

I believe it to be an early Glen Blue version, however, I only have the bottom half (was acquired with a mismatched much newer black lid.) The inside is in decent condition. The exterior shows signs of wear and pitting, scratching in the Blue coating.

Not sure if the grates and pan are original.

Located in San Francisco, California.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:24:27 AM by mr110 »

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Looking for help identifying and value Glen Blue grill
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 07:23:40 PM »
oh, that's nice!

value is super subjective: if you want the MOST MONEY - put it on ebay with lots of pictures and start the bidding at a dollar (seriously)
You'll probably pull in 1k+
they've sold for as low as free and as high as several thousand - it's a matter of condition and finding the right buyer

you'll probably have a few PMs, be careful of scammers.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 07:28:01 PM »
Congrats on...half a score!!!  Love the serious amount of Glen Blue overspray inside.  Based on the twist on ash pan, it’s would be a ‘64 or newer.  As far a value, most here will say “it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it”.  I agree with @Troy, that you’ll get the maximum by listing it on eBay.  I don’t believe you’ll see anything close to the 1K though with it being incomplete. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

mr110

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 07:57:50 AM »
That for the response. ill keep cleaning it up and post it on ebay, share the link in the for sale section

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 10:45:49 AM »
oh shit, i didn't even notice the lack of lid - yeah that's a little bit of an issue, but I bet you'll still get 400+