Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid bail attachment or hinge??  (Read 242 times)

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
Lid bail attachment or hinge??
« on: October 25, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »
Hi all,

I’ve just purchased a limited edition 22” red kettle and looking to add lid bail or hinge attachment to it. I really don’t like the lid hanger. What would you all recommend?

Also any tips or tricks appreciated!
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:23:03 PM by DaGoomba »

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Re: Lid bail attachment or hinge??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 04:41:23 PM »
I installed a lid bale on my copper premium with relative ease. I went to Home Depot to get some quick measurements on a master touch before I drilled the holes. I’ve thought about the hinge but I fear the wind catching it and tipping the kettle. That’s just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »
I have a hinge on one of my kettles. Probably wouldn’t do it again. I like the bail better on my others. The hinge is nice if you build a table to put your kettle in.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 06:50:05 PM »
I installed a lid hinge on my 2006 original kettle - back when I had ONE kettle….39 ago?? Lol… I like it, but probably won’t put one on another.  I also put one on my 22” WSM and wouldn’t trade it for anything.  I say try it…. And maybe buy a master touch used and see if you like that.  Realistically, the most convenient grills I have are early 2000s OTP with lid bails and tables.  Love cooking on those.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club