Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Summit Charcoal  (Read 1138 times)

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
New Summit Charcoal
« on: December 20, 2020, 03:20:02 AM »
Hi friends,

My wife and I finally decided to get a new Weber Summit Charcoal (for Christmas).
Over the year we tried to save each month some money to make this dream true.

Finally we ordered one an received it a week ago.

I immediately started to unpack in order to mount it ... but assembling stopped at Nr.1.
There is no front leg .... I have three back legs so I can't install the front caster.

Not only this, some other parts are out of shape so that they won't ever fit.

I called Weber and hoped for quick support and delivery for the spare parts but they will no longer deliver spare parts in 2020. They will send it out in Jan2021.

So overall we are very disappointed. When I think of my last purchase (a red LE) there was the lid bale missing.
My dad's kettle last year came without the wheels.

What's going on with Weber? I hear of so many new kettles with scratches or bad paintwork (enamel)!

In my case (we talk about a 2000€ charcoal kettle!) they really should handle this as premium and they have to pack stuff more carefully.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 05:50:47 AM by Jan M. »
Best regards,
Jan

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: New Summit Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 07:05:17 AM »
Yes.  I’d agree it’s disappointing.  Personally, I’d escalate the shipping of your parts.  Ask to speak to supervision or management.  This isn’t a Smokey Joe or even a basic kettle, it’s a $1400 grill....even more for you in the EU.   They should make it right ASAP.  Tell them you have plenty of choices with BGE and Kamado Joe.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 07:22:01 AM »
Did you order direct or from a retailer?  Maybe Weber could work with a retailer that has them in stock to swap out parts to get you in business for the holidays. That’s a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:07:52 AM »
I bought it from a retailer.
Weber told me I can only get guarantee parts directly from Weber.
They said I can send it back to the shop and as for a substitute.

But
1. Shop does not have a second one in stock
2. It appears Weber packs with magic. I was not able to get half of the stuff back in the box! ;-)

So only option is to wait for a parcel from Weber next year.

I’m really not sure but at the mo I think it was my last Weber for the near future.

We planned a nice Christmas dinner on it and I also bought a superb brisket to smoke it in order to share with some followers on Instagram. I got often asked many questions around that Summit but I couldn’t answer it so I planned a FAQ Instagram or homepage thing.

I guess I’ll skip that now because I can’t make an advertisement.
I fully paid for it they send me bad quality so I’ll once use it and that’s it. Nothing more.
Best regards,
Jan

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
That’s ordinary. Stay positive with it  don’t let this discourage your opinion on this beautiful bbq

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club