Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Add lid bail to my OTG  (Read 3217 times)

shutterbiker

• Happy Cooker
Add lid bail to my OTG
« on: November 19, 2020, 05:29:12 PM »
I am considering adding either a lid bail or possibly  the unknown bbq hinge to my 2001 one touch gold.  I have a slide aside already, but It causes a lot of leakage when using the grill for smoking.  Another problem is that the slide aside can become dislodged sometimes while removing the lid from it.  If anyone has installed the lid bail or unknown bbq hinge, I would love to see pictures of said install.  My otg is in very good shape.  I have already added a tel tru bbq 100 in a weber bezel.  I would love to hear opinions on adding a bail or a hinge. 
Thanks in advance,
Steve

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Add lid bail to my OTG
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:53:39 PM »
I can't remember when they deleted the second bowl handle on the OTG, I'm assuming yours doesn't have the second bowl handle yes?  Look this thread over https://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=27092.15  it will get you an idea of what's involved with putting a lid bail on your kettle.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

shutterbiker

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:27:04 AM »
Thanks for the link.  Mine does have 2 handles.  It's black but in great shape.  I've been thinking of the lid bail for a long time, but I always get hung up about cutting off the back handle. I have the slide aside, but I wish I had something permanently mounted.  I've been looking at the slow n sear kettle with the lid bail on the left, but I'm not sure if I would like it on my Weber. 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 05:25:34 AM »
Cut the handle and install the bail. It’s a nice upgrade imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app