Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Adding a bail  (Read 4573 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Adding a bail
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 05:41:13 AM »
Does anyone know if the lid bale I ordered 63058 is the same bale that's on the new master touch or are they different?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yes!  New master touch has older style lid bale. Only the new performers have the new style lid bale.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 05:45:18 AM »

Does anyone know if the lid bale I ordered 63058 is the same bale that's on the new master touch or are they different?

Yes!  New master touch has older style lid bale. Only the new performers have the new style lid bale.

Thanks again!  I knew you would know.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Anyone have measurements on where to drill bowl?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Adding a bail
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
I probably just need the distance between the bowl and bale wire in the center. That will guide where to put upper holes. And ensure lid will fit in slot

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
So far so good. I measured a friends old performer and still had to tweak to work right but it fits well.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »
That looks good. Nice work!  Sorry, I tried to get you the measurement but I got tied up with calling purolator for my package that was to be here yesterday. They are terrible! They could not even locate my pkg. today, and now I have to wait till next week to get it. :'(

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 05:24:30 PM »

That looks good. Nice work!  Sorry, I tried to get you the measurement but I got tied up with calling purolator for my package that was to be here yesterday. They are terrible! They could not even locate my pkg. today, and now I have to wait till next week to get it. :'(
I feel for you, @greenweb.  I've been waiting on something since early November.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 05:32:19 PM »
Early November? Bummer. Hope it works out for you guys.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:58 PM »

Thanks anyways. I went to lowes and Home Depot and neither one had a master touch on display I could measure. Then I remembered a friend close by that has an older performer. I took several measurements. In the end the only 2 measurements that matter is the distance from the outside of the bowl to the inside edge of lid bale. 3". And upper holes 1" from top edge. The other measurements did not work out to be the same which I can't quite wrap my head around. The main thing is just make sure to have the proper clearance between bowl and bail at the center. The rest falls into place.

Hopefully you guy's stuff arrives soon.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »
I finished my dads upgrades today.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 08:26:33 AM »
Nice work! I did that to a black OTS I had a couple of years ago. When I sold it, I removed the lid bale and riveted the holes shut and spot shot them with high heat black paint. I saved the lid bale assembly for if I end up grabbing another OTS or BAR B KETTLE single bowl handle kettle. Again, sweet mod!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 09:54:57 AM »
Good job, @hoosierkettle. 

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
Looks great! I am sure your Dad will appreciate your effort and enjoy this kettle for many years to come.

Nice going with Weber thermo. Just looks nicer with it than other off brand one.