Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket shopping fun  (Read 853 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Brisket shopping fun
« on: November 05, 2020, 06:00:37 PM »
I’m cooking for a group at work tomorrow and stopped by my GFS to buy a brisket.  I roll my cart to the meat area to discover brisket is on sale for $2.69 a pound for choice.  Nice!  As I’m selecting my brisket, another gentleman rolls up also eyeing the briskets.   We get to talking and the next thing you know we talk bbq and our favorite cookers for the next 20 minutes!   Turns out we’re both kettle guys.  We discussed the merits of butcher paper and foil and types of charcoal we use.   We chatted up our favorite bbq dishes.  Such and enjoyable random encounter.   Proof food brings us closer. 

Most fun I’ve had at the grocery store in .....well...ever.  Reminded me of the WKC community.   

Really happy with this piece of meat.  Going on the ranch shortly. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Re: Brisket shopping fun
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »
Awesome story. It’s funny how certain topics can bring people together. I have noticed that when I meat bbq people I always spend a lot more time talking then planned :)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Brisket shopping fun
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 02:43:55 AM »
So true, nice looking brisket, Tami says I could talk to anyone that walks up about Weber's and BBQ all day long, she is correct
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill