Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Which model do you prefer in your cart/table?  (Read 380 times)

NurseWizzle

• Smokey Joe
Which model do you prefer in your cart/table?
« on: July 15, 2021, 10:35:31 AM »
For those of you who have made your own carts/tables, which models do you prefer? Original, Premium, Master Touch? And why?

I'm looking to build a dual table. Right now I have a 26", a black 22" Master Touch, a copper 22" Premium. I ordered a green 22" Premium and a deep ocean blue 22" Premium from Lowe's, because green and blue and my wife and my favorite colors, but she'll probably make me return them when we get home from work and she finds out.

I think I like the Premium or MT because of the ash catcher, but I guess I don't know what to do about the lids. If I keep the black and copper 22"s then one has a lid bail and the other doesn't and my OCD probably can't handle that.
black Weber 26" with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, black Weber 22" MT with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, copper Weber 22" Premium
black GMG Jim Bowie Prime Plus
pink Humphrey's Battle Box

bait

• Smokey Joe
Re: Which model do you prefer in your cart/table?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 11:50:13 AM »
If it were me, it would depend how I was going to mount it in the table and where I wanted the lid. If I was planning to add a lid hinge, then probably one of the Premiums, as you wouldn’t need to plug any lid bale holes. However, if you plan to incorporate the lid bale somehow, then obviously the Master Touch.

NurseWizzle

• Smokey Joe
Re: Which model do you prefer in your cart/table?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 03:34:39 PM »
@bait Thanks for the reply. I think I want to use the hinges. Right now I have a Premium and a Master Touch. I'm trying to find a used Premium as I don't want to have to plug up any holes if I don't have to but can't really seem to find many near me for sale. Everyone around here seems to buy the cheap ones and that's mostly what I see.
black Weber 26" with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, black Weber 22" MT with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, copper Weber 22" Premium
black GMG Jim Bowie Prime Plus
pink Humphrey's Battle Box

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Which model do you prefer in your cart/table?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »
@bait Thanks for the reply. I think I want to use the hinges. Right now I have a Premium and a Master Touch. I'm trying to find a used Premium as I don't want to have to plug up any holes if I don't have to but can't really seem to find many near me for sale. Everyone around here seems to buy the cheap ones and that's mostly what I see.

Your best bet might be to buy an original black for cheap and then order the ash catcher from Weber. They’re 50 before tax. It’s what I did when I wanted another 22 but didn’t want to shell out full retail for a premium.

EDIT: that should read buy a used original black

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:53:27 PM by watkinsb87 »