Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend cooking part 3: Saturday evening  (Read 424 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Weekend cooking part 3: Saturday evening
« on: October 04, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
The football friend from Friday plus one more came by for dinner and we started off with bowls of that home made chicken soup.  This isn’t the garbage you get out of the can featured in the Andy Warhol painting.  I was finishing baking the last couple of trays of cookies at this point so they were cooking off while we had soup.

After the soup, the three of us unwound and shot the breeze for a bit and it had gotten dark before I fired the performer back up to cook the steaks.

Barbecuing after dark in this area, or at least on this side of the street where everyone has big quiet back yards, does come with a unique peril.  This neighbourhood has a healthy skunk population and two of them were foraging for food near the bird feeder in the back right corner of the yard while I cooked the steaks.  This isn’t uncommon at all and if you leave the skunks alone, they’ll leave you alone.  Several nights ago after I finished barbecuing and ate, I could hear a commotion outside so I stepped out onto the back porch stairs to see what was going on.  There was a skunk that was clearly walking wounded after being in a fight with something that had gotten sprayed in the process and took off.   Whatever it was, raccoon would be my guess, was already long gone by the time I got outside.  Anyhow I got the steaks cooked up without any issue and steamed some asparagus and simmered up some peppercorn sauce while they were resting.

We had the oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert later in the evening and relaxed.  Cooking for the rest of the weekend’s going to be limited to me microwaving leftovers which is going to be a nice and easy break.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weekend cooking part 3: Saturday evening
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:56:09 PM »
Steak looks good!

Hey you weren’t skunked lol

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:17:35 AM by AZ2FL »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:48:58 AM »
I am exhausted reading about your fun busy weekend
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jrzy.Hillbilly

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:54:12 AM »
That's a full weekend of cooks!