Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven  (Read 1250 times)

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven
« on: September 09, 2020, 04:07:30 AM »
Hello, it's me again, hello (Neil Diamond playing),

Has anyone uses the Lodge 5qt Cast Iron Dutch Oven on the 22" kettle and does it fit with the grill lid on? I plan to make a big pot of Texas Red and more than likely with the lid off to get the additional grilling flavor, however at times I am sure I'll need to put the lid on for one reason of the other, with the grill lid on. It says it's 11" wide and 5.5" high with the lid on, but just seeing if anyone has tried this before.

Regards,

Bob / hansonb4

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 04:18:54 AM »
I believe there is one size of the Lodge dutch oven that fits almost perfectly into a GBS grate.  Someone here will chime in I am sure.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 04:20:55 AM »
Hello, it's me again, hello (Neil Diamond playing),

Has anyone uses the Lodge 5qt Cast Iron Dutch Oven on the 22" kettle and does it fit with the grill lid on? I plan to make a big pot of Texas Red and more than likely with the lid off to get the additional grilling flavor, however at times I am sure I'll need to put the lid on for one reason of the other, with the grill lid on. It says it's 11" wide and 5.5" high with the lid on, but just seeing if anyone has tried this before.

Regards,

Bob / hansonb4
It will fit in the cooking grate of a 22 kettle, but you will need to position it close to the middle.  Not ideal for a 2 zone fire. 

I’ve found the best option is removing the cooking grate and placing the pot in the “basement” ie on the charcoal grate.   Can be done on an 18 too.  22 is better. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:21:50 AM »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 05:51:31 AM »
I did a beer can chicken in the basement once, worked perfectly,

Idk if I put the lid on when I used my dutch oven, but if nobody has the info you need I can go out and check.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 04:42:00 PM »
I use a #8 DO with the lid on which fits on top of the grate under the 22 inch kettle lid.  The DO is 4 1/2 quarts and has no legs.  It was an old yard sale find. All the dimensions you need are on this chart.

http://www.panman.com/sizecharts.html

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 04:45:07 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;