Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Muncie, IN- First time caller long time listener!  (Read 4350 times)

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
Muncie, IN- First time caller long time listener!
« on: September 22, 2020, 03:04:37 PM »
Hello!

New WKC fan from Muncie, IN.

I had to sign up. I always knew I would. I have been on here many times over the years...

I just ordered a 26" Glen Blue since Weber decided to stir the pot with this one! My wife's favorite color of all time is this exact blue. So since she seems to think I don't need any more grills... I bought the Glen Blue for HER AS A PRESENT! LOL. I think it's cool she is actually excited about it.

I came here after buying the blue today and wanted to see some tables that others have built and get some Handles for it to complete the retro look.

Any advice on old school handles and wheels or other accessories, let me know. I saw one of the members here makes walnut handle sets for the Glen Blue and that's a big part of why I signed up also.

I love cooking and smoking meat on my Webers. I also dry age meat and there's only ONE way to cook it and that's on a kettle! No seasoning, just Himalayan salt then reverse sear on some good fruit wood. I have done tons of pork shoulders of course and lots of briskits, ribs, chickens, beef ribs, You name it. I'm not an expert and know there's lots to learn here.

I have had every type of smoker there is and got rid of them all but one and still have EVERY Weber kettle I have ever purchased and I use them all. They are so good at EVERY type of cooking you can't justify getting rid of them! I have had them all going at once with meat smoking on one, another full of corn, another with all onions and veggies and another with random burgers, hot dogs and brats (maybe a Ranch is in my future?). So, I guess I was destined to be a textbook WKC member.

I am open for suggestions on how to get my 26" in a table and some accessories for it.

Thanks in advance!
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Muncie, IN- First time caller long time listener!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 04:18:21 PM »
Welcome from down the road in Plainfield Indiana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 04:35:13 PM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »
Welcome from greenwood, in. Sounds like you’ll fit right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
Welcome from Gainesville, Florida

Congrats to your wife, on her new GB 26er.

I’m interested in your dry aged meat process. Maybe you can do a short write up.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 05:22:21 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama!  Congrats on the new Glen Blue 26".  Maybe she'll let you use it every once in a while...... Pics when you get it!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »
Welcome from Arizona, it sounds like you might fit in.  If you get a Ranch look at used as they pop up from time to time that sometimes barely used. Also if you do get one look towards the beginning of the cooking section for tips on cooking on the Ranch
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:00 PM »
Post a picture of it when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I took some pics of it and even the box it came in. I will post when I figure out how to post pics on here. I think there was a section on here somewhere how to post pics.

AZ2FL, I can do a quick write up on dry aging meat. It's actually very simple and anyone can do it. The fancy restaurants and anyone who makes money selling $200 aged steaks will try to act like this a mystery or a secret and a complicated art form that should never be tried at home by an "amateur".

What section is best for this write up?
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 11:48:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I took some pics of it and even the box it came in. I will post when I figure out how to post pics on here. I think there was a section on here somewhere how to post pics.

AZ2FL, I can do a quick write up on dry aging meat. It's actually very simple and anyone can do it. The fancy restaurants and anyone who makes money selling $200 aged steaks will try to act like this a mystery or a secret and a complicated art form that should never be tried at home by an "amateur".

What section is best for this write up?

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to your dry aging process.

Best section: Charcoal Grilling & BBQ

Cheers

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 07:34:38 PM »
Welcome from NoCal.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger