Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: List your 3 favorite grill accessories and why they are at the top of your list  (Read 7077 times)

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
In no particular order: Thermopop, because I hate trying to guess when the food is cooked to the right degree; Killa Grilla stainless steel grate, because rust is so 1980's; and my giant, heavy duty spatula, because it makes handling a finished pork butt so much easier (I haven't dropped one yet). I didn't include the Weber chimney because I consider it a necessity more than an accessory.

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
1. Weber Tongs
2.Weber Chimney, small and large
3.SlowNSear Plus

nw010101

• Smokey Joe
1. Weber chimney
2. Weber tongs (I have fancier ones that I don’t like as much)
3. Wireless thermometer

Honorable mention to tin foil. Last week I improvised little stands for grilled oysters.

What I never use: various grilling baskets. They’re never the right size, don’t fit, stick anyway, and are impossible to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
1.Weber style Chimmney Starter
2.Weber Roti
3.WeberBaskets

Sent from my SM-G970W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

1- Thermapen  -- Allows me to achieve perfect target temperatures.  When using my Thermoworks Smoke I always double check the temps with my Thermapen. 

2- Chimney      -- Ease of starting my charcoal with consistent starting times.

3- Rotisserie     --Turkey's, chickens and roasts are unbelievably moist due to the self basting qualities of a rotisserie.  I have also added a shish kabob accessory that attaches to my rotisserie.  A
                          rotisserie is the one accessory that the results cannot be replicated without using one.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
1. Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal: I am mainly a "Griller" in which it lights-up in around 20 minutes and when fully-lit no fowl aftertaste . Also, no Chimney is necessary.

2 SlowNSear Plus:  Easy set-up in using both lump and briquette charcoal.

3. Weber Tongs:  Sturdy and well-made.

Matchlight??????  Don't say that man.  lol.  20 minutes?  It takes me less time to get my non-fluid soaked briquettes ready to cook.  Chimney should be #1 answer to this question for every person.  Sorry my man.

This list is different for a couple of different situations.  One list is the top 3 things someone needs when they get a Kettle. 

1. Chimney.  I have both the large and small Weber chimneys.  Gotta have them.
2. Char Baskets
3. Good set of heavy gauge, stainless steel, box framed tongs, that have flat inside surface heads on them.  This set of tongs is for charcoal, char basket, and grate use only.  Get a set that is strong enough to lift an entire 22" grate with one hand with them.  They never touch food, only used for grill and charcoal management.  Make sure they are hinged at the back and not just the bent over clamshell style crap tongs you see in most BBQ grilling tool sets.  I have a set of indestructible tongs just like I described that I received as a wedding gift for my first marriage in 2000.  So, here soon the tongs will be old enough to drink.  Since that time I have been searching for the holy grail of tongs to replace them so that I'm not left without if these disappear.  They stay hanging on the grill at all times and I never wash them because they never touch food.

Those are the necessities.  Tier 2 of necessities:

1.  Some form of instant read or multiple probe thermometer
2.  Heavy leather gloves
3.  Some form of propane assist to start your chimney.  I have a 1999 model SS Performer so I have the gas assist.  But, prior to that I used the side burner on my Genesis to light all my chimneys.  For folks that have asked my assistance in getting started in the Kettle world, if those two options aren't available, I suggest a small Coleman camp burner to use for starting chimneys.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Bottle-Propane-Stove-Green/dp/B0009PUR5E/ref=sxin_7_ac_d_pm?ac_md=2-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkMzAgYW5kICQxMDA%3D-ac_d_pm&crid=22XPRVBX9W126&cv_ct_cx=camp+burner&dchild=1&keywords=camp+burner&pd_rd_i=B0009PUR5E&pd_rd_r=61c087f8-f4b7-4529-b1ee-fbd956d65e8f&pd_rd_w=crdgY&pd_rd_wg=g7Qyi&pf_rd_p=7f921fd8-4a45-4dc1-82ec-573bec7d35f6&pf_rd_r=FBZFVXW17G21KXKM1BFZ&psc=1&qid=1598539254&sprefix=camp+bur%2Caps%2C197&sr=1-2-22d05c05-1231-4126-b7c4-3e7a9c0027d0

To me this list of 6 things should actually be a starter kit.  People that aren't using these items will not have as easy of a time using charcoal as they could be.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
1) Weber 80728 22” stainless hinged grate. No more rusty grates that need replacing every year. 

2) Weber charcoal grilling table 7445. Small packable table that locks the grill in. 

3) Vortex/SlownSear.  Being able to contain an entire chimney of charcoal is more beneficial than the standard baskets for most cooks.

The One The Only

andrewshrm

• Smokey Joe
Awesome question.  Feeling Weberitis flaring up.
1) A nice big supply of all varieties of wood chunks.  Nothing more fun than tasty smoke clouds.
2) Craycort grates
3) SNS - whichever fits your kettle
Honorable Mentions:  iGrill-2, Weber Compact Chimney (more than enough room for SNS).

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
1. Beef
2. Pork
3. Chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ

1- Thermapen  -- Allows me to achieve perfect target temperatures.  When using my Thermoworks Smoke I always double check the temps with my Thermapen. 

2- Chimney      -- Ease of starting my charcoal with consistent starting times.

3- Rotisserie     --Turkey's, chickens and roasts are unbelievably moist due to the self basting qualities of a rotisserie.  I have also added a shish kabob accessory that attaches to my rotisserie.  A
                          rotisserie is the one accessory that the results cannot be replicated without using one.

I’ll echo Jim’s line up 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Darko

• WKC Performer
1- Rotisserie
2-Thermometer, regardless of brand.
3-Good fuel.

hansonb4

• Smokey Joe
Well this is a tough question since I haven't use everything yet. Thermapen for sure is there; I have used that. I've also used the chimney, which is great. I also have Weber 6535 Grilling Gloves, which saves the hair from being singed on my hands.

With all of that being said, I haven't used the SnS, the SnS griddle/drip tray, nor the vortex. Actually, today I receive on of those cookie sheets with a wire rack, so I can dry brine chicken in combo with the vortex. I also have the thermasmoke which I haven't used yet. So in short, my list is fluid! :)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
1. rotisserie- easy, self basting, top notch results always, fun to watch
2. Auro Kettle zone - versatile, low and slow perfection teamed with a snake, easy adjusted during cooks
3. Thermoworks Smoke- it just works !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Coors light

Sun king Osiris

Captain Morgan

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Coors light

Sun king Osiris

Captain Morgan

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I would rank those as must have grill tools not accessories LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill