Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: List your 3 favorite grill accessories and why they are at the top of your list  (Read 7067 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
1) Thermoworks Smoke
Just works, solid build construction.

2)Killa Grilla Large Door Flip Up Grate on one side for SNS
Love the build construction, love that they don't get all funky and rust out EVER, love the heft and the grill marks.

3)Stainless Go-Anywhere Grate cut in half
Again love the stainless, they stay so nice and not corroded, love being able to lay them flat in the bottom and load up the grill with accessories/charcoal to take to the beach, love being able to remove one side to add/access coals mid cook without disturbing the meat.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
Weber chimney- it all starts with the fire.

SNS- holds a full chimney, makes 2-zone and searing a breeze; saves the porcelain.

I'll be a wimp and declare a tie between:

Thermapen & Smoke.

Honorable Mention: The humble Slide-Aside is an underrated accessory, imo. It makes it easy to deal with the lid during the cook. No need to carefully make sure the lid hook IS hooked on the side of the bowl. It gives full grate access and doesn't interfere when the lid is on.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
1. Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal: I am mainly a "Griller" in which it lights-up in around 20 minutes and when fully-lit no fowl aftertaste . Also, no Chimney is necessary.

2 SlowNSear Plus:  Easy set-up in using both lump and briquette charcoal.

3. Weber Tongs:  Sturdy and well-made.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Chimney cause fire!

Charcoal baskets cause direct and indirect!

Good quality foil cause you can make almost any accessories with foil!

Don't get me wrong I have lots of accessories , baskets, CI and SS grates, gbs, and so on, but every time I cook on someone else's kettle or a travel grill, we make due with those essentials and it is fantastic!

Probably the most useful expensive accessories for me is the CB stacker. It is great for large and small smoking sessions and also works as a Santa Maria or open fire pit.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:18:09 AM by Red_5_Wrangler »
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
1. Weber char baskets
2. Weber chimney
3. 18” heavy duty aluminum foil

I never gave much thought to aluminum foil as an accessory, until I saw @Red_5_Wrangler response.
I use lots of foil, I buy it at Sams club in the 500 foot roll.

Stoneage

• WKC Brave
Weber chimneys both regular & compact.
I don't like lighter fluid flavored food.

Cajun Bandit stacker (smoker conversion)
I changed from a barrel offset smoker to the kettle but like to smoke & slow cook some things. It includes a fire ring which, used with the Weber baskets gives me loong smoke times because I can lay a maize of coals, not just a single snake.

Cajun Bandit rotisserie (a/c model)
Always wanted to try one but the offset barrel didn't have the ability. Now I'm hooked.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:26:23 AM by Stoneage »

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
1. Weber char baskets
2. Weber chimney
3. 18” heavy duty aluminum foil

I never gave much thought to aluminum foil as an accessory, until I saw @Red_5_Wrangler response.
I use lots of foil, I buy it at Sams club in the 500 foot roll.

Same 3 for me.

From left to right: Weber 7447 compact chimney; Marty's Bigger Better Basket; HD Aluminum redneck drip tray.
Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

cwestsmokin

• WKC Brave
Chimney, rotisserie,beer

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Chimney, rotisserie,beer
Beer is a requirement at my house for BBQ & grilling. Lol
Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
What an extremely difficult question...But also a fun topic!  It depends on what I'm grilling as to what my favs are.  And I guess for this discussion, I must leave out the WSM stuff which is a fairly long list for this gadget guy.

So, for the Kettle.....

1.  Slow n Sear 2.0 with SS drip n griddle.  It protects the porcelain bowl coating, provides two zone cooking and turns a regular kettle into a low and slow smoker.  The pan directs airflow and allows for easy clean-up.

2.  Maverick XR-50 thermometer with 4 probes.  Allows me to monitor internal meat temps, grate temps and even ambient temp if I want.  I can't believe I grilled for all these years without one.

3.  Latest addition - the vortex.  I've cooked wings, legs and thighs with this and have results that I've never achieved with regular baskets.  Plus it gives me a reason to use the silly gourmet grate system which I really didn't use before.  I'm sure many people cook amazing chicken other ways, but this is a fun, easy way to do it that works for me.

I've got many other items that I actually use more than these like charcoal tongs, chimney, hot gloves and probe thermometer that I really couldn't do without, but I consider those to be necessities and not really accessories.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
1: My super cheap IKEA temperature probe...It's no thermopen, but I've had the same three probes for three years, and they just work. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/fantast-meat-thermometer-timer-digital-black-80100406/

2.  The Weber Charcoal chimneys...I have two, and when I'm in a hurry, I stack them for even faster lighting.

3.  And I'm going to say my performer.  Even when I'm not using that grill...It's a table, it's my storage bin, when I'm in a real hurry it's a lighter for another grill. 

Honorable mention to the slow and sear...I've only had it a few months, it's great, but I'm find I'm preferring it for searing rather than low and slow.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

VetteDoc

• Smokey Joe
1: Charcoal baskets (I'm going to lump all of them into this one SnS, Bigger Better Basket mod, Vortex - any way to hold your charcoal and protect your grill.

2: BBQ Dragon fan: I love this thing to get coals going faster - I typically start with 1/2 a chimney of fresh coals get that going then put used coals on top to make a nice even bed  of coals - I put the fan on to get then whole thing ashed over. I'm not always patent enough with coals.

3: Meater meat probes: I love these things for smoking - since they are wireless I'm don't have to worry about messing with wires and they are two probes in one - meat and pit temp. I don't have a rotisserie yet but I'm looking forward to trying them out with one. The app also keeps track of your cook so you can go back and look to see how long things took you etc. 

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Tier 1 (must haves) for me: Weber chimney, killa grilla grate (no more rusty grates...ever), thermapen (a must for nailing the temps)

Tier 2 : SnS (never leaves my kettle), slide aside (only removed for roti cooks), roti (indispensable for whole chicken and turkey)

Tier 3: pizza que (love using it but making pizza is a lot of work)

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Weber small and large chimneys, because they last.
Thermapen, because it always works.
Stainless cooking grates, because food tastes better without rust.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:39:33 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Weber chimney both small and large, they are hard to kill.

Thermapen in British Racing Green, why because it is the fastest!

Propane start, less fuss and mess.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......