Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Master Touch Premium  (Read 1858 times)

chasnasty5943

• Smokey Joe
New Master Touch Premium
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »
Hello All:

Was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this new kettle.  I really like the diffusser plate and the new hinged but removable lid.  Seems like a budget Summit without the huge footprint of the Summit.  I have an original Kettle with the Ash Catcher so this would be an upgrade for sure I'd think.  Would also like to get into smoking, and thinking this would make it a bit easier.

Interested to hear your guys thoughts.

Charlie H

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Master Touch Premium
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
Hinges really aren't that great in that it limits the orientation of your top vent to one place only.  Plus the 22.5 has tons of accessories that can be used, but not as easily with a hinged kettle. Plus it is a regular black kettle when they have made so many other interesting colors in recent history.  The only real selling point is the charcoal ring and diffuser plate, but it really isn't worth the cost over one of the exclusive colors. 

My advice would be to buy one of the exclusive colors on weber.com or grab a performer over the Master Touch Premium.  If the diffuser plate and ring really interests you then invest in the Cajun Bandit Kettle conversion kit.  It comes with a stacker, charcoal ring, and a diffuser plate.  If you catch it on 10% off sales it is around $200 and will give you way more versatility then the MT premium ever would.  I have one and it is a really nice set up for cooking direct with some height or smoking. 

If you wanted similar functionality as the MT Premiums set up you could just buy the charcoal ring on Cajun Bandit for $45 and a large pizza pan to act as a diffuser on the cheap. 
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
I bought one; like it. The hinge and vent placement have not been an issue; color is fine. The charcoal ring and diffuser definitely makes the grill more versatile.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 11:58:44 PM »
For the price point, I would really like to see a stainless steel cooking grate and ash sweep. 

mcyork28

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »
Are they selling the ring and diffuser separately?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 09:06:58 AM »
You could look up the part numbers and call weber directly, but without one registered I kind of doubt they will allow an order. They want you to buy their new grill after all.

Sometimes it depends on the rep you get.  I will contact one person and they won't be helpful at all and another one will be overly helpful.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »
No.  They are only selling it for this grill

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »

You can buy a WSM ring from eReplacements and wide aluminum pizza pan from Amazon and get close enough.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
There's a really nice guy that's in Georgia that I've mentioned before who makes baskets and diffuser plates that I would rather have than the thin Weber ones.  It's 1/4 inch steel and should last forever.  His name is Greg and he's also got a youtube channel.  I imagine these would be more cost friendly than Weber parts if you could get them.  Here's a link to his Etsy store and video channel:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thewoodshedbbqbasket?ref=search_shop_redirect

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTqNttYqqU3_npkEmPYXAQg

jmiester

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 01:05:43 PM »
[emoji115][emoji115][emoji115]Right on @bamakettles, good dude!!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club