Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally a Wscgc  (Read 1857 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Finally a Wscgc
« on: August 01, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
I have wanted one if these since I first saw it in person, but at 2k plus tax [emoji852] The only way one was coming home with me was if I could find a used one or if Weber lowered the price.
So this past weekend I went camping with my family about 3.5 hrs away from home. While I am driving I had my phone on silent. We got to the campground and quickly set up camp before we ran out of daylight. I take a break, sit down and figured I'll see whats going on at the Wkc and I see that I have missed several texts over the last 3hrs from Potsie. He has found someone that is about to list a Summit, he knows that I want a Summit so he texts me to see if I want this one. The gentleman selling it has only communicated with Potsie through Facebook, which I am not on[emoji2357] He offers to give my number to the seller or just continue to be the go-between for the seller. Several texts back and forth and a few phone calls over the weekend trying to arrange a time to meet with the seller and possibly purchase this Summit. I tell Potsie that I can go Sunday night or Monday morning to see it and possibly purchase if it is good enough condition. He receives response from the seller that comes around 10 pm saying in the morning would work. The earlier the better for me because I have to work at 2pm. I try to set a 9 am meetup but he would rather have me there around 10. Now that I have a time set I need a way to transport the Summit home. I normally use a Honda Odyssey for picking up performers. They fit through the hatch with the lid off and then it can be put back on. The Summit is much taller and the lid is not as easily removed so I opted for a Uhaul trailer. I arrive at the sellers house and go around the back to see the grill. It looks great on the outside and a little crusty on the inside. He shows me the griddle, sear grate, some grilling tools, the cover and s couple of bags of Weber charcoal. We agree on a price and I pay him.
He helps me move it around front and get it loaded into the trailer. I put a strap over the top of the kettle, one over the table and one around the back of the frame to keep it from sliding forward in a panic stop. I get everything loaded up and began the ride home. I pulled out of the subdivision and as I am watching the trailer in the rear view mirror I see the Summit boincing around pretty violently. I pull over into a parking lot to double check my strapping job. Straps are tight. I look under tbe trailer and realize a Uhaul trailer does not have any suspension and the tires are inflated to 60 psi [emoji45] So I grabbed my tire pressure gauge and dropped them to 35 psi. The ride home took me about 15 minutes longer than expected driving around every bump possible. The whole way home thinking that I was going to break the frame of the grill. If I ever need to pick up anything else like this I am going to skip the trailer, spend 3 dollars more and just rent a van.
Sorry for such a long story.

And to Potsie, thank you again for being the go-between and making this possible.

First cook is today 3 racks of baby backs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Finally a Wscgc
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
Awesome story, happy you finally got one, nice assist Potsie

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Huh??

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 12:45:49 PM »
Nice! Looks practically new.

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 12:46:03 PM »
Congrats, that thing looks brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »
Congrats! I hope I find mine someday!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
Congrats!   Nice teamwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
Congrats, Kneab!  Nice assist by Potsie!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 03:29:24 PM »
Very cool!  Congrats....

JonesBBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
Awesome! Good looking first cook!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »
Thank you everyone.

Dinner is done

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »
Congrats Karl!  Great pickup!  Those things are awesome!

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »
I was starting to get worried during this story, glad she made it home safe!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 07:42:00 PM »
Not nearly as worried as I was driving it home. Never renting one of those trailers again.[emoji27]
I was starting to get worried during this story, glad she made it home safe!

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 03:43:07 AM »
Congrats! 
Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 04:00:48 AM »
2nd cook on the Summit.
16# prime packer from Costco.
Injected with Kosmo's Q Smokehouse reserve and rubbed with Plowboy's Bovine bold.
Weber coals and pecan wood chunks.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere