Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib Rack on the Jumbo Joe  (Read 705 times)

Jooohan

• Happy Cooker
Rib Rack on the Jumbo Joe
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:01:05 PM »
Hello

Anyone used a Weber Rib Rack (5 slot) on the JJ and know if it for example baby back ribs will fit under the lid? Its the height im worried about. I use it for camping and was planing to make some ribs under the next trip. I have the Slow N Sear with waterpan that Im planing to us to.

Thanks

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rib Rack on the Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:29:20 PM »
I have both the rib rack and the jumbo joe....while the rack may fit in there, I doubt that the ribs will sit in the slots with the lid on unless you have some sort of riser ring. 

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 02:30:53 PM »
Got home and measured.... about 4.5 inches of clearance from grate to middle of the lid and 4.25 inches at the edges.  Rib racks are 3.5 inches tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 02:37:22 PM »
Here’s my suggested setup... charcoal basket that holds the charcoal grate, 15 inch pizza stone and pan on the basket and cooking grate on top.  Gives you the entire 15” area for food - indirect method.   Included the rib rack for scale.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 02:49:56 PM by bamakettles »

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Bama that is a beautiful setup. Did you make that charcoal basket? I would love one for my mini wsm and my jumbo joe

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »

Bama that is a beautiful setup. Did you make that charcoal basket? I would love one for my mini wsm and my jumbo joe

Wish I had the skills and tools to make them.  There’s  a guy I follow on YouTube in North Georgia that makes them.  He’s a retired welder and makes awesome videos and his retirement gig is making charcoal baskets for grills and smokers.  Quality items for sure and this guy is salt of the earth - just a really nice, genuine person.  Search The Woodshed Smoke and Bbq with Slowhand for videos.  He takes orders by email, just let him know what you have and what you want.  Easy for me to remember his name is the same as mine, Greg.  mailto:slowhandbbq412@gmail.com

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 03:39:23 PM »
Thank you very much.