Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza Success!  (Read 14332 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Kettle Pizza Success!
« on: July 15, 2020, 05:39:46 PM »
So, did the kettle pizza thing tonight...took our time, no rush and no over the top 600 degree temp target.  Turned out really good.  Kept them toward the front, threw in walnut chunks to keep the smoke going.  This is going to the beach with us next month!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Pizza Success!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 03:33:22 AM »
Nice looking pie!
Did you make your own dough?

Pizza and beer on the beach, you can't beat that!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 03:41:24 AM »
simple yet effective, good looking pie! we are headed to the beach this saturday can't wait to get some beach cooks in
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »
Nice looking pie!
Did you make your own dough?

Pizza and beer on the beach, you can't beat that!!

No, this is Pillsbury crust - comes in a tube much like crescent rolls or biscuits.  My wife cut it in half, put some flour on it and flattened it with a pub glass.  I put a little corn meal on a metal pizza peel and it slid on and off SO easily.  I mainly wanted to get the process down.  Next time we're going to experiment with different toppings.  A margarita pizza will be the first no doubt.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
simple yet effective, good looking pie! we are headed to the beach this saturday can't wait to get some beach cooks in

Thanks!  Do you guys go to the Atlantic side or the Gulf of Mexico?  We are St. George Island people - about 90 miles east of Panama City Beach.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »
Thanks!  Do you guys go to the Atlantic side or the Gulf of Mexico?  We are St. George Island people - about 90 miles east of Panama City Beach.

SGI is a great vacation destination.
My wife and I vacation there two or three times a year for a week at a time. We normally stay east of the light house on East Gorrie Drive between 5th street and 9th street on the beach. Big money stays on the west end at the Plantation.

Cheers and enjoy your SGI vacation next month.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 08:53:50 AM »

We used to go to Mexico beach or Cape San Blas the last 15 years before the hurricane, Ft Myers last year and again this year
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 09:17:14 AM »

SGI is a great vacation destination.
My wife and I vacation there two or three times a year for a week at a time. We normally stay east of the light house on East Gorrie Drive between 5th street and 9th street on the beach. Big money stays on the west end at the Plantation.

Cheers and enjoy your SGI vacation next month.
Nice to know fellow SGI people!  We do a week in the summer (late this year) and a week for our anniversary.... going on 14 years there.  We stay ocean front always, sometimes in the row houses, this year in the sunset dr area right by the state park.  Can’t wait for a rum runner and some crab claws from the blue parrot!  Will be grilling more than ever this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »

We used to go to Mexico beach or Cape San Blas the last 15 years before the hurricane, Ft Myers last year and again this year
Very nice, long drive down for you!  I’ve heard good things about Ft. Myers.  We always go through Mexico Beach on our way to SGI and used to stop at Toucans for lunch before the hurricane.  Going through again next month, I hear 98 is now open all the way through.  Going to try and find a place to eat there and support the local economy.  Enjoy your trip and share some beachy grilling pics!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 05:18:22 AM »
@bamakettles
I like the vanity plate on your Yukon, it took me a few seconds to figure it out. If we see you on SGI, I'll flag you down. My wife was talking about going next month.

We have never stayed on the far east end near the SP entrance, it looks like a nice place. We normally go in early April and the second week of September. We have spent a few Thanksgivings on the island too. I've been going to SGI for 11 years and my wife for over 40 years. As a kid she remembers crossing on the old bridge.

Rum runner and crab at Blue Parrots sounds good. We've eaten at all of the restaurants on the island. I miss Teachers oyster bar. If your in Apalach check out Tamara's and Oyster City brewing Co.

I don't know if your a fisherman, we've caught pompano, slot red fish, whiting, sharks and blue fish from the beach.  We do well in the spring and fall fishing. It might be tough fishing in the 90 degree water in August.

Cheers and enjoy your trip to SGI. Share some beach grilling pics.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 06:42:21 AM »
@bamakettles
I like the vanity plate on your Yukon, it took me a few seconds to figure it out. If we see you on SGI, I'll flag you down. My wife was talking about going next month.

We have never stayed on the far east end near the SP entrance, it looks like a nice place. We normally go in early April and the second week of September. We have spent a few Thanksgivings on the island too. I've been going to SGI for 11 years and my wife for over 40 years. As a kid she remembers crossing on the old bridge.

Rum runner and crab at Blue Parrots sounds good. We've eaten at all of the restaurants on the island. I miss Teachers oyster bar. If your in Apalach check out Tamara's and Oyster City brewing Co.

I don't know if your a fisherman, we've caught pompano, slot red fish, whiting, sharks and blue fish from the beach.  We do well in the spring and fall fishing. It might be tough fishing in the 90 degree water in August.

Cheers and enjoy your trip to SGI. Share some beach grilling pics.

Thanks!  My youngest son picked out the plate letters....even though we're only there 2 weeks out of the year, it's basically one of the things we live for and love.

We really like Paddy's also - locally owned by the Sparks family and they own one of the grocery stores (Island Grocery) on the left at the 3 way stop coming in on the island.  Mike makes bbq on a huge smoker most days and sells bbq plates that are amazing.  We also like the Owl Cafe in Apalach and are very familiar with Oyster City Brewing.  Great little place to visit, would live there full time if I had the $$.

We have chartered a few times but mostly fish on the beach.  The pompano are amazing and we managed to catch and grill some of those a few years back when one of my sons was in it for the fishing.  Now he's married and not quite as active in the fishing game but still sets up each day and feeds the saltwater catfish his shrimp mostly.  Those things are pesky.

Enjoy your upcoming trip as well and if you happen to see us just honk.  I'll give you a strange look until I see something Weber related!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:06:58 AM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 06:44:20 AM »

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 06:44:50 AM »

I'll have to pick me up a few six packs next time I'm in Apalach.