Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies!  (Read 1008 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies!
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
Let's just say that everybody loved these! They kind of look like chocolate hamburgers . ??? I think that this is the best way to bake something on the kettle. It is just my  opinion ,but I have done a lot of baked goods on the grill and there are some real advantages to this method. 1) You get better heat on the top of whatever you are cooking.2) More even heat without having to turn halfway through the cook time. 3)Cooks even without too much heat right under the food so you will not burn the bottom while you wait for the top/middle of your cake or bread etc. to get set. You don't need to use a cast iron pizza pan but raising whatever pan you use up off of the grates and spreading the charcoal in a circle around the bowl works for me! So since I am giving out advice and since you are still reading this post you must be interested in said advice....so....If you are baking something you do NOT usually want any smoky flavor....to avoid this you will want your charcoal to be fully lit by the time you put the food on....if you try to Minion this kind of cook you will be sorry unless you like smoke flavored cheesecake or cookies! :o Since most bakes usually only need about an hour or less my suggestion is to build the fire a little too hot to allow for the temp drop off towards the end.  You don't want to add unlit coal to your heat to bring the temp back up because it WILL smoke! I do this all the time when I do a low and slow and need it to go for a while longer but with meat the added smoke towards the end of a long cook won't hurt it since your meat will only absorb smoke for the first hour or so.....any more smoke will just color the meat and at worst make it bitter. Anyway it was another fun cook.....I mean bake. ;D

Oh yeah, these cookies are crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside! YUM!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:11:28 PM »

Man-O-Man....you are......a dessert-tologist !!!!

Thanks for the method rundownm also..... ;D

Don't know if you have extra time to do this, but it might be nice to have some of the recipes for your desserts & other kettle creations in the recipe sections to refer back to.....I do realize that stuff can be time consuming, unless they're already typed out & saved......

I have some processes & recipes saved away like that
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
I will post some recipes for you when I get some time this weekend. Thanks for the feedback. Too bad I can't email you a cookie to try!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the recipes that you post. :)
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:46:09 PM »
OTP, you are a genius.  I have only baked pineapple upside-down cake, but I'm going to get out the pizza stone and try some cookies.  Using the coal baskets for elevation is brilliant.
One of the charcoal people.