Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Montreal  (Read 1462 times)

SerialGriller

• Happy Cooker
Hello from Montreal
« on: June 29, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »
Hi folks. I've been grilling with propane and propane accessories for many years now, and consider myself a pretty good grill man. I've even worked the grill at a few high-end restaurants back when I worked in kitchens. I enjoyed our propane bbq, but it just took up too much space on the balcony and a few friends have been telling me the Weber kettle is THE WAY, so I put the propane bbq on the street and got a Weber kettle.

It's only been a month, but I am starting to feel like I've wasted too much time with propane grills. My goodness what a difference. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos, bought a couple Adam Perry Lang books (on the recommendation of a friend) and have tried a lot over the last few weeks. Highlights so far are smoked trout, pork chops, rib steaks, and the veggies I've grilled have also been great.

I have a pork butt with rub on it right now sitting in the fridge and I'm getting ready for my first significant slow cook tomorrow. I've been using lump for grilling, but it seems like the general consensus leans towards charcoal for longer endeavors.

I've also read quite a few posts in the forum already, and looking forward to participating. Cheers! 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Montreal
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 11:47:21 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. USA it seems you are handling the change to the kettle well !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:41:19 AM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana [emoji631].  No looking back now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »
Hello and welcome.  Good luck with your first low and slow.  Share pics!

We were planning to attend the Grand Prix and Jazz Festival in Montreal this month.[emoji22]  C’est la vie.