Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza  (Read 5949 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Pizza
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:06:58 PM by DoppelBock »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »

You can use Drill-Ease cutting oil spray & maybe not try to do the whole cut at once..... 8)

All I could find we're the wax sticks, do they make a spray?

Shit !!!

Sorry.....after 40 years in the printing industry, some knee-jerk responses are hard to break....what I said before is for PAPER DRILLS....

Yes, it's an extra tall spray can.....works great for drill bits a LITTLE goes a long way.....

This is the right stuff ~~~>

http://www.wescodirect.com/direct/Products/ProductListDetail.aspx?pik=187802&productId=187802

It can be found at the more expansively stocked hardwares & perhaps a metal sales place....not sure about the link there ^^^, just for a pic & description.....Zep LUBEZE Drill Chill
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:24:17 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 05:26:09 AM »
I deal with a metal fabrication place all the time with work. They said they can do it for me at cost. I just haven't given him a final drawing to get a price on it yet. One of these days I'll do it. I have too many other projects in the works right now.
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 06:49:06 AM »
I saw a video on Youtube for these pizza steups for the Webers, It looks cool but since I don't make pizza everyday the cost is pretty steep plus the stone is not something I would be interested in for a couple of reasons. 1) They can break too easily if dropped or even if the temperature change is too rapid.2) I already have too much stuff for my grill that I need to store for the majority of my cooks, e.g. Rotisserie ring, standard lid for said ring, Rib-o-lator , rotisserie setup etc. I have had great success using the setup shown in some of my pizza threads in the Pron section and a nice benefit is that once my pizzas are done I shut down the grill and have lots of coal left that I can reuse for my next cook. Having said that....if someone gave my one of these pizza gizmos I would try it out but as it is the least expensive thing I own in my grilling arsenol is.....my grill. :-[ So for the price of a 12 inch cast iron skillet that I can use for cooking anything vs. a stone and yet another ring I would pass on this. The idea of making your own is cool though, the cost and building it yourself is kind of in the spirit that created the Weber kettle in the first place. Parden the rant.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »

Naw....that's cool, OTPlatinum.......I see your point entirely, if you had acres of space & a dozen grills, then maybe.......but when you already do a lot w/ your cast iron, then why?

I DO NOT have acres of space, but do have dozens of grills, which kinda puts me in the same fix;
I'd probably dedicate just one rightly matched grill, that I could keep stored out of the elements, just for the pizza deal.....

It would be neat & I would most likely do pizza & maybe related items more often, but cost & space are a thing !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"