Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weird  (Read 1222 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Weird
« on: July 01, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »
So am I the only one who didn't know that there are 2 bowl designs for the one touch system? (At least on 18s) One vent hole style is 2.5 inches and the other is 2.3 inches. May not seem like much but the 2.5 inch can not have an ash bucket attached. The opening of the sweep is past the ring.

Weird

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weird
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »
interesting
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »
Tried to put a bucket on Coras and was perplexed to say the least lol
interesting

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
Interesting. 
I seem to recall a member posting about their ash sweep openings extending beyond the bucket, but I was under the impression they purchased it with the bucket in the first place (although likely used). 
regards,
Hal

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »
I tried to think of different ways to accommodate the longer vent holes, even test fitted a 22 ash ring but it wasn't gonna work.
Interesting. 
I seem to recall a member posting about their ash sweep openings extending beyond the bucket, but I was under the impression they purchased it with the bucket in the first place (although likely used).

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »
Maybe a bit of AL or SS Origami?  Perhaps even piece cut from a beer can (shiny side out) bent to wedge under the ring & to kind of create kind of a funnel for the ashes to maybe get under the ring?
regards,
Hal

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »
Maybe a bit of AL or SS Origami?  Perhaps even piece cut from a beer can (shiny side out) bent to wedge under the ring & to kind of create kind of a funnel for the ashes to maybe get under the ring?
Thats what I was thinking, bending a triangle with some mounting tabs riveted to the ash ring.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:06:37 AM »
I may be wrong, but I think I remember a post where someone put a ash bucket on the longer one and it didn’t really create a problem (ash falling around the outside of the bucket)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »
I thought he put some aluminum tape on there or something, but I too could be wrong lol

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
Any OT kettles from 1999 and prior will have the longer bowl holes.  In 2000 is when the the 18”  OTG was introduced and the bowl holes were redesigned to accommodate the ash buckets. Here is a method I use when attaching an ash bucket to an 18” with the longer style bowl holes.

I used small pieces of 3M high temp aluminum flu tape to cover these small areas.  I had to put the tape on the outside of the bowl so it would not interfere with the ash sweeps.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »
Any OT kettles from 1999 and prior will have the longer bowl holes.  In 2000 is when the the 18”  OTG was introduced and the bowl holes were redesigned to accommodate the ash buckets. Here is a method I use when attaching an ash bucket to an 18” with the longer style bowl holes.

I used small pieces of 3M high temp aluminum flu tape to cover these small areas.  I had to put the tape on the outside of the bowl so it would not interfere with the ash sweeps.

Ah ha that might be what I do then.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:50:23 PM »
That's the one I remember lol